Author Topic: Anti-Theft setup fails on Gingerbread 2.3.4  (Read 2746 times)

derrickscott

Anti-Theft setup fails on Gingerbread 2.3.4
« on: February 27, 2012, 05:42:37 PM »
I'm trying to setup the anti-theft feature on a un-rooted gingerbread 2.3.4 Dinc.

I get to the point where the software has downloaded the app and am presented with two buttons at the bottom of the page.

Install and Cancel. The Install button is unresponsive, no error, just doesn't do anything. The Cancel button works as expected.

not sure how to proceed at this point.

Scott

reinhardholzner

Re: Anti-Theft setup fails on Gingerbread 2.3.4
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 11:31:21 AM »
hi - the screen you are talking about is the installation screen of Android. So i do not know why this button doesnt react - however this is no code that we wrote.
Can you get us a log?

derrickscott

Re: Anti-Theft setup fails on Gingerbread 2.3.4
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 03:45:40 PM »
I tried to install the ant-theft on my Gingerbread phone and record a log but I continue to get a server overload error?  Same thing happened last night when I tried to install it on my Honeycomb Tablet.

I've used Avast and recommended it to many for almost 10 years.  Never had a problem like this with your service before.

I appreciate you splitting up the application so those who don't use the AT don;t have to download it from the market, but you've gotta increase your capacity or fix your servers. For people new to Avast you look like amateurs with this kind of error.

I'll try again later.

thanks,

Scott