Author Topic: Issue with being able to type in fields on helpee system using remote assistance  (Read 5596 times)

gillest

Had a previous topic on this that I thought was resolved but I now have a better understanding of what is happening:

1) If I use remote assistance from my PC (Helper) to another PC  (Helpee) on my home network I can control the helpee with the mouse and I can type in input fields on the helpee machine remotely.

2) If I am going thru my ISP (Videotron in Montreal, Canada) using my PC (helper) to a remote PC on the internet, I can control the helpee with the mouse but cannot type in fields on the helpee machine

Has anyone encountered this also?

Thanks,

GillesT

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Any specific fields you're typing into?

gillest

typing the email address and password on the helpee avast connection screen. It worked fine on PC`s on my home network that i accessed remotely but i tried twice now on 2 separe remote PC`s and could not see the typed characters appears.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:03:19 AM by gillest »

gillest

anyone?

gillest

can anyone at least confirm that they have tried/used remote assistance thru their ISP and it worked? i.e they were able to type into fields remotely on the helpee system

Thanks

gillest

again anyone used remote assistance yet?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Could you please supply the file aralog.log (in avast! log folder, i.e. on Vista+ in C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log), preferably from both the machines (helper and helpee)?
Thanks.

gillest

cannot upload files as attachment they are too big. please advise

Thanks

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
You might be able to do it in two posts (one attachment each) if an individual file doesn't exceed 200KB.

If they exceed 200KB, then you could use a file sharing site such as Mediafire.com - Upload to http://www.mediafire.com/ and post the sharing link.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
It's certainly possible to use ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

gillest

uploaded helper_aralog.log and helpee_aralog.log to incoming.

managed to enter data on helpee using wordpad but could not enter data when using messenger and trying to enter password on helpee system remotely. Same thing with trying to use windows live on helpee remotely, I could not enter the TO email address.

Thanks,

Gillest

gillest

Igor,

Did you get the logs? Any insights?

Thanks

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
The logs don't show anything suspicious, I'm afraid.
Is the user's account on the target machine limited somehow?

In the next program version (not in the one released in a few days, in the following one) there will be various improvement of the remote assistance module, together with better logging - so hopefully it helps. Right now, I don't have any advice, sorry.

gillest

I have tried with 2 different target laptop machines that are not limited in any way to my knowledge (Both have Win 7 64bits Home editions) and they both gave me same issue.

Again, I can make typing in these email & password field work if I control a target on my home network but cannot if i am going out there to remote targets thru my ISP. Typing in wordpad always works.

I can wait for the next version and I am available if you or someone from Avast would like to test it by taking control of one of my system or for me to try to take control of one of yours.

Thanks

repairman

I would just like to add to this thread by saying that i cannot type into remote (thru isp) computers either. I am using W7ultimate trying to assist a W7hp. Mouse works fine but keying in text does not. I look forward to a solution

thanks