Author Topic: Bad Greeting  (Read 6523 times)

akama1

Re: Bad Greeting
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2012, 01:02:39 PM »
Comodo is good for those who really wish to lock down thier systems.

It isnt for those that just want a firewall to install and forget about.

Setting comodo firewall to custom and disableing the defense+ and sandbox will give you an alert on anything that tries to connect in or out.

Well atleaste it did catch outgoing connections before avast 7 circumvented it, but i guess a conflict was bound to happen sooner or later between the two.

Maybe i'll give OSS a try if avast doesnt fix the issue between comodo and version 7, plus then i won't have to worry about if the next version will break something else.
you need to know and know how to set comodo.... comodo is one of the best out there... its popups only alert for unsigned or unknown programs... easily excluded if u know the program is safe from trusted files list.... if u think its not safe theres a sandbox...not to mention it has cloud scanner implemented very little popups

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 12:09:15 AM »
Well, Outpost does have some sort of HIPS function as far as i remember so the culprit for BSOD could be Outpost blocking avast! files during installation and then it BSOD'ed because it wasn't registered or installed properly.

Can you share with us what was written on the BSOD? What module caused it? You can also check Event Viewer for this info. It should be there.

RejZoR,

Outpost fw is built into Outpost Security Suite Free, so when I uninstalled OSSF I only had the Windows fw.  OSSF uninstalls clean.

OSSF was uninstalled before I installed avast! 7.

I don't know what was written on the BSOD.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 02:53:13 AM by rdmaloyjr »

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 12:34:50 AM »
I'm unable to edit my signature, everytime I try I get can't have more than three lines.
I don't have more than three lines. ??? ::)

You have more than 3 lines..!!
Empty lines are counted as well. ;)

I'm aware that empty lines count.

A couple days ago I took out all the empty lines and spaces that I could, but it wasn't enough so for now I'll leave it as is.

If I go back with avast! all will be right, but then I'll go back with ZA. 

But if I go back to avast! and Outpost free fw I'll have Outpost's self-updating on free demand malware scanner. ;) :-\