Author Topic: changing SIM  (Read 7673 times)

stevexyz

changing SIM
« on: March 08, 2012, 12:08:37 PM »
hi guys, i did some search and already found the basic steps of adding a SIM to white list: just change the SIM and dial the pin code.
but there's one problem: whenever i change to a new SIM, the phone will send out sms to the friend numbers right away. is there any way to delay this function so that i can add the new SIM to the white list without sending sms out? if i disable anti-theft before i change SIM, will my new SIM be added to the white list?

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: changing SIM
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 12:38:06 PM »
Hello,

that's easy! While anti-theft is deactivated it doesn't report SIM card changes. therefor:

1. open anti theft with the "old" sim card installed
2. deactivate anti theft
3. change sim card
4. open anti theft again to add the new sim card to the trusted sim cards list
5. reactivate anti theft

regards,

Werner

stevexyz

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 08:54:11 AM »
great! i'll give it a try. thx!

Punnyabrata

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 07:19:52 AM »
Hello,

that's easy! While anti-theft is deactivated it doesn't report SIM card changes. therefor:

1. open anti theft with the "old" sim card installed
2. deactivate anti theft
3. change sim card
4. open anti theft again to add the new sim card to the trusted sim cards list
5. reactivate anti theft

regards,

Werner

You by God's all grace are a life saver. But Avast definitely works. Hats off and happy to be loyal user.

Offline tcntad

• Avast Überevangelist
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 08:43:58 PM »
Why just not change sim, start phone and unlock it? If set to lock when sim is changed..

t38rvm

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 03:39:24 PM »
Will this same procedure work when traveling from a CDMA country to a GSM country?  My impression is that the SIM changes even though there is no card change and my experience a few months ago was that the phone kept sending "lost" texts even though I sent the "found" command several times.  Eventually, I just deactivated anti-theft to avoid the costly intl text messages.

So, next time, I plan to deactivate antitheft when I get on the plane in CDMA country and then reactivate it after I turn the phone on in a GSM country.  Will that work?

Thanks.