Author Topic: Avast dominates worldwide security suite usage  (Read 2521 times)

avoidz

Avast dominates worldwide security suite usage
« on: March 18, 2012, 04:12:56 AM »
Just want to say Congratulations to avast! on being number one: http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-57399193-12/microsofts-essentials-bet-pays-off/

Nice :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast dominates worldwide security suite usage
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 04:16:41 AM »
Hmmm... There are other similar threads... Better continue on them :)
The best things in life are free.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 04:38:11 AM »
I can't believe how many SUCKERS are actually using microsoft security essentials and the users according to that article are growing??? WTF???

I can't even begin to count the number of computers that I get in that are infected WHILE running microsoft security essentials AND windows defender!!!

Listen up people and do yourself a favor STOP USING MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS AND WINDOWS DEFENDER, they are completely worthless when it comes right down to it.

Ok so WHY are the users growing??? because microsoft offers it in their windows updates THAT'S WHY, people are damn near being bullied into downloading it.

BTW great job AVAST on being dominate and at the top!! hip-hip hooray!!!!

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 05:06:54 AM »
Watch the language, please. The forum atmosphere is not that.
The best things in life are free.

avoidz

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 10:36:33 AM »
Thanks, Tech, I'll look for the other threads.

@101010101010101 0101010101: I don't know; I've installed MSE on several PCs and never seen any problems.

akama1

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 11:32:58 AM »
MSE is somehow ok but very slow... furthermore it depends on sigs like super a lot... i barely see its heuristics nor behav blocker kick in place and removal process takes a long time

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »
MSE is not bad, but they made few pretty lame choices there. First one is horribly slow on-access scanner which out of all of them the only scans inside archives on-access. It gives no better security, it just makes everything horribly slow even on Core i7 920 system overclocked to 3,8GHz with 6GB of RAM and fast HDD. And second one is only 24 hour update check cycle. Which is frankly by far not enough for todays malware trends. I'm kinda shocked that not so many ppl are aware of this fact...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

avoidz

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 03:00:56 PM »
I suppose one of the reasons I put MSE on other computers is it operates almost invisibly, with few notifications. That seems to be important to many basic users who get confused by prompts and don't want to know much about the programs running in the background. I have noticed it's a little slow at scanning though.