Author Topic: >> UPDATES <<  (Read 5810357 times)

Avastfan1

Re: >> UPDATES <<
« Reply #5430 on: March 31, 2010, 10:23:09 PM »
Does anybody still use Spybot?

Hermite15

« Reply #5431 on: March 31, 2010, 10:26:37 PM »

nope :D

Go Pack Go

« Reply #5432 on: April 01, 2010, 01:11:16 AM »

Yes, I still like the Immunization feature.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5433 on: April 01, 2010, 01:59:47 AM »
You can use SpywareBlaster to achieve the same immunisation, in fact if you are using it and then install S&D, it recommends you use SpywareBlaster (at least it used to).

Not only that SpywareBlaster uses no resources as it isn't active but passive immunisation.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline harman123

« Reply #5434 on: April 01, 2010, 04:00:04 PM »
A new Version 3.2.2 of the FPS measurement, benchmarking and video capture utility FRAPS has been released. This version fixes several bugs.

http://www.fraps.com/download.php

Apple today released a series of updates for its AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule wireless base stations, addressing wireless performance issues in its latest models and offering several other bug fixes.

- Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme Base Station Firmware Update 7.5.1 brings fixes for a pair of issues on Apple's latest AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule base stations released last October.

This update provides several fixes for the latest Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme Base Station (Late 2009) including:

- An issue with wireless performance in the 5GHz band
- An issue with creating a Guest Network in the 5GHz band
Issues with 5 GHz performance on the new base stations had been well-documented, and users noted earlier this month that models had begun shipping with the 7.5.1 firmware version that seemed to address the problem. Today's release, which is accessible through AirPort Utility, extends the fix to existing devices.

In order to support the new firmware version, Apple has also released AirPort Utility 5.5.1 for Mac OS X (10.24 MB) and Windows (10.70 MB). The updates also offer fixes for several other minor issues.

AirPort Utility 5.5.1 includes general bug fixes and addresses the following issues:

- Not importing all settings when importing a configuration.
- Not propagating MAC address control lists when using an extended network.
The Mac OS X version of AirPort Utility 5.5.1 requires Mac OS X 10.5.7 or later, while the Windows version requires Windows 7, Vista SP1 or later, or XP SP3 or later. Users are encouraged to update AirPort Utility before applying the base station firmware update to AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule models.

YoKenny

« Reply #5435 on: April 01, 2010, 11:11:24 PM »

Nope.  ;)

I use SpywareBlaster.  8)

I like my old chair though.

crofty59

« Reply #5436 on: April 02, 2010, 05:46:59 AM »

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #5437 on: April 02, 2010, 02:03:26 PM »

Foxit Reader 3.2.1.0401  has been released

Foxit Reader is a free PDF document viewer, with incredible small size, breezing-fast launch speed and rich feature set. Its core function is compatible with PDF Standard 1.7.

* Incredibly small: The download size of Foxit Reader is just a fraction of Acrobat Reader 20 M size.
    * Breezing-fast: When you run Foxit Reader, it launches instantly without any delay. You are not forced to view an annoying splash window displaying company logo, author names, etc.
    * Annotation tool: Have you ever wished to annotate (or comment on) a PDF document when you are reading it? Foxit Reader allows you to draw graphics, highlight text, type text and make notes on a PDF document and then print out or save the annotated document.
    * Text converter: You may convert the whole PDF document into a simple text file.
    * High security and privacy: Foxit Reader highly respects the security and privacy of users and will never connect to the Internet without users' permission. While other PDF readers often silently connect to the Internet in the background. Foxit PDF Reader does not contain any spyware.

http://filehippo.com/download_foxit/

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/index.php

Alan Baxter

« Reply #5438 on: April 02, 2010, 06:20:32 PM »

Foxit Reader 3.2.1.0401  has been released

In particular, it's the awaited security update:
# Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a security issue that Foxit Reader runs an executable embedded program inside a PDF automatically without asking for user’s permission.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5439 on: April 02, 2010, 08:05:14 PM »
Am I doing something wrong or is Foxit download above rolling out Ask toolbar

I've tried three times with install and everytime I get Ask toolbar and Foxit in my IE browse
So I uninstall Foxit for time being - I was sure I unchecked extras

Nothing in Chrome

haven't tried Firefox - not on this computer - maybe this is the Firefox plugin in the install run?

What you see on screenshot is iexplore (IE) with msn browser and with google browser
- sorry I download from filehippo link, I try the other one
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 08:07:11 PM by mkis »
Avast7 Free, MBAM (on demand), MVPS Hosts

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Hermite15

« Reply #5440 on: April 02, 2010, 08:14:22 PM »
Am I doing something wrong or is Foxit download above rolling out Ask toolbar
I don't know but it's more and more software bundling this crap toolbar + ask.com as home page. Opera, Comodo, and even the latest aerofox theme extension for Firefox. I saw a pop up about ask.com after installing the theme yesterday, dismissed, and got rid of the theme. Ask.com is just getting on my nerves. They're getting intrusive, just like the yahoo toolbar.

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5441 on: April 02, 2010, 08:20:03 PM »
so don't bother try other download link. I don't need to view any PDFs

Intel DG41TY, Windows 7 Ultimate, IE9, Google Chrome, 4 GB ram, Secunia PSI, ccleaner, Foxit Reader, Faststone Image viewer, MWSnap.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5442 on: April 02, 2010, 08:48:14 PM »
If you have FoxIt already installed as you like it why not try the in program update check, it should retain your existing setting I believe.

I always check for pre-checked option like the ask toolbar (which I positively hate) and uncheck the option.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5443 on: April 02, 2010, 09:22:49 PM »
No DavidR I uninstalled it - I can choose from back record on filehippo

I thought I unchecked everything

Offline mkis

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #5444 on: April 02, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »
One last time filehippo link - got the Ask toolbar and Foxit toolbar (Ask)
go to firefox and check uncheck both links,

but Foxit now must come with Ask bundled in
see what firefox plugin in install run is -

Destination Location:
   C:\Program Files\Foxit Software\Foxit Reader\

Desktop Settings:
   Add a desktop shortcut
   Add an icon to the Start Menu
   Add an icon to Windows Quick Launch Toolbar

Custom Setting:
   Install for all users
   Install Firefox plugin

Edit - Firefox also loads program with Ask toolbar and Foxit toolbar (Ask)
Firefox plugin at install likely to be Foxit toolbar (Ask)

« Last Edit: April 30, 2010, 01:02:55 AM by mkis »