Author Topic: >> UPDATES <<  (Read 5811221 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: >> UPDATES <<
« Reply #6360 on: November 25, 2010, 04:58:01 PM »
Seems like they have abandoned the CCleaner Slim version, so watch out for the pre-opted in google toolbar and chrome as default browser, etc. during the install.
They will put the slim version in eventually, there always a bit late on the slim :)

Well it doesn't appear on many of the various download sites, there is a place holder page for the slim version on majorgeeks, but no download locations.

I have so far always found the slim version to be available when a new ccleaner is available.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6361 on: November 25, 2010, 05:03:13 PM »
Nope. Slim version is still available in the downloads page. The setup file with the toolbar is no longer available on their page, but is on filehippo.com's.

That isn't the slim version, but the regular and portable versions, see image, there used to be three options on the builds page.

I think you mean a version without the toolbar (who would want a toolbar), a.k.a. what is what the Slim version offered. The regular full version came with the toolbar option pre-checked and now comes with chrome as default browser checked also.

So the slim version isn't available and the regular version appears to have added another pre-checked option that you have to watch out for.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6362 on: November 25, 2010, 06:16:21 PM »
I did get the slim version. I mean, no chrome option checked and no toolbar (see pic).

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6363 on: November 25, 2010, 06:26:29 PM »
I did get the slim version. I mean, no chrome option checked and no toolbar (see pic).
That's not the screen where google is optioned anyway, i think the screen before or after that one.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6364 on: November 25, 2010, 06:30:32 PM »
There is no screen which offers google before or after that. I am 100% sure of that, gimme a break!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6365 on: November 25, 2010, 06:36:21 PM »
That's not the screen where google is optioned anyway, i think the screen before or after that one.

I think it is after that one and it is a nice colourful screen and it isn't immediately obvious (like the main options screen, nmb posted) what it is unless you are specifically watching out for it. Unfortunately I neglected to grab an image of it.

I downloaded the regular installation from the Piriform site and it most certainly had the additional pre-selected options. I wasn't imagining it either, I don't know if that is only for certain languages/geographical locations.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:39:10 PM by DavidR »

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6366 on: November 25, 2010, 06:41:04 PM »
Sir DavidR,

I downloaded from the builds page, and this is the direct link to it : http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup301.exe
And I am sure, I did not get any option which had google associated with it. If you want, I can take video of me installing the software.
Now, lets not hijack this thread. :)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6367 on: November 25, 2010, 06:43:57 PM »

I think it is after that one and it is a nice colourful screen and it isn't immediately obvious (like the main options screen, nmb posted) what it is unless you are specifically watching out for it. Unfortunately I neglected to grab an image of it.

I downloaded the regular installation from the Piriform site and it most certainly had the additional pre-selected options.
Same here, but one of my systems got the old google installer with one checkmark and the other system got the new installer with two checkmark's,there all over the place by the look's ::)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6368 on: November 25, 2010, 06:44:48 PM »
I downloaded from the builds page, and this is the direct link to it : http://download.piriform.com/ccsetup301.exe
And I am sure, I did not get any option which had google associated with it. If you want, I can take video of me installing the software.

As I said in my last post, which is where I downloaded my copy and that this may well have geographical/language differences within the program on what gets offered, as you said in your post:

There is no screen which offers google before or after that. I am 100% sure of that, gimme a break!

You could accord us the same break as we aren't imagining it either.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:47:09 PM by DavidR »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6369 on: November 25, 2010, 06:49:31 PM »
Sir DavidR,

nmb, the link you supplied download's the 2.8meg version of ccleaner which is not the slim version :o

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
« Reply #6370 on: November 25, 2010, 07:17:10 PM »
Seems like they have abandoned the CCleaner Slim version, so watch out for the pre-opted in google toolbar and chrome as default browser, etc. during the install.

They always release slim version with a delay, wait... ;)
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6371 on: November 25, 2010, 07:24:13 PM »
As I said in my earlier post, I have never experienced this delay.

Offline nmb

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #6372 on: November 25, 2010, 08:15:25 PM »

Sorry sir DavidR. I didn't mean to hurt you.

nmb, the link you supplied download's the 2.8meg version of ccleaner which is not the slim version :o

Then please give the link to slim version.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #6373 on: November 25, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »

Sorry sir DavidR. I didn't mean to hurt you.

Then please give the link to slim version.
There isnt one, it hasn't been added yet which is what we have been talking about ::)

Offline Omid Farhang

• Frontend Developer
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • I wish I could write longer personal text!!
    • Homepage
« Reply #6374 on: November 25, 2010, 08:47:52 PM »
As I said in my earlier post, I have never experienced this delay.
They are doing this trick in releasing last 2-3 versions. If you have not noticed, maybe you have tried to update 1-2 days after their release.
I will stop off-topic now!  ;D
Twitter: OmidFarhangEn - OS: Manjaro KDE