Author Topic: For the love of god, PLEASE add an option to track from a web browser!!  (Read 3355 times)

Leijonasisu

Guys seriously. It goes without saying that Avast! Anti-Theft is hands down the best app of its kind.

But the one HUGEEE let down you guys have is that I can't track, wipe, lock etc. my phone from a web browser!

AVG lets me do this in a snap, but its features pale so badly in comparison to Avast!.

Not all of us have a second phone, or a friend on constant standby to send that vital SMS that we need to do all those functions.

So please, if you know what is good for you and your members (yes we know you're world class) you'll start developing a web-based interface that we can use to track, lock, wipe, alarm our phones from the web.

To be honest it should go without saying that this is one of the most important features when it comes to finding a lost or stolen phone. Lookout, AVG and countless others already support this service.

Please, please, PLEAASEEE jump on the bandwagon guys!!

EDIT: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=90362.msg718878#msg718878
^^^^^^ Read that thread... C'mon guys! We're FIVE (5) MONTHS into 2012! We're almost halfway through it! Please get onto doing this, I've always been a lifetime supporter of Avast! and have recommended it to everyone I've ever come across. The web interface should be your absolute number one priority now.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:45:24 PM by Leijonasisu »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Hi,

that was not an official release date, sorry. But we are working on it and I can tell you it's coming :) There are still things to work on before it goes public, but we are getting close :) I can't tell you any time estimate though, sorry.

Filip

Leijonasisu

No worries mate. Thought I would harass everyone because it really is an important feature. It's always good to see that there is an update to Avast! when I turn on my phone.

But without a web interface the app's uses are really severely limited. Having a second phone on hand or a friend on standby (but how would you notify them that your phone was stolen if you didn't have a second phone?) is a real let down.

Still I am happy to use Avast! over anything else because with the huge downside of not having a web-based interface, it's still leaps and bounds ahead of everything else.

I'm really on the edge of my seat though in anticipation for this feature. Thanks for at least being honest and not giving a false date, I know you guys are doing the best that you can. Just as long as you know that it's important and that you could hopefully make it a priority. It doesn't have to be jam packed with features at the start and you can always add to it later.

It could save thousands of stolen phones if you release a web-interface with just the ability to 'track' the phone before you're able to set up any other features for the time being.

Otherwise, my sincerest thanks for making such an amazing app free in the first place. If subscription based fees come in the future I won't blink and at least I will be able to say that it wouldn't be a waste of my money.. I wish I could say that for all apps I have bought. I feel happy knowing that I could possibly be supporting you guys by having my subscription to AIS for PC :)

Once again thanks, and I really hope to see this feature around the corner.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 03:03:24 PM by Leijonasisu »