Author Topic: WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?  (Read 9534 times)

UserA789

WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?
« on: May 22, 2012, 07:21:42 PM »
So, if your like me and you enjoy reading what just got updated, then your gonna love this latest pic.  Note:  This has been this way for about two weeks now, even though I can reinstall and get a REAL page that has the missing data (circled).  :'(

...thats just ONE of the problems brought to your attention MANY, MANY days ago but Alwil refused to acknowledge the problem.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 07:23:34 PM by UserA789 »

buffy_92

Re: WHATS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 09:10:15 PM »
it's nothing wrong, i think...  from my view it's like an ""review"" for the last days/week of files/websites which have been scanned.. ;)
and if you didn't open your computer for a week/two or more, then avast says that in that days, have been made new updates, you missed them and need to update the avast.
if i'm wrong, then somebody else tell us what is about:D ::)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 09:13:38 PM by buffy_92 »

Gargamel360

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 09:14:09 PM »
if i'm wrong, then somebody else tell us what is about:D ::)
He is referring to the "Latest Update" section of the page, where he circled, the stats are blank.

buffy_92

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
ya right ;) sorry for my difficult explication ;D

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 09:22:17 PM »
So, if your like me and you enjoy reading what just got updated, then your gonna love this latest pic.  Note:  This has been this way for about two weeks now, even though I can reinstall and get a REAL page that has the missing data (circled).  :'(

...thats just ONE of the problems brought to your attention MANY, MANY days ago but Alwil refused to acknowledge the problem.

Alwil avast!

If you have added a script blocker extension or disabled java script, you will get this result.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 07:02:30 PM by Charyb »

iroc9555

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 11:46:31 PM »
I got a different page, but I get the numbers though.

UserA789

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 04:35:27 AM »
Thank you for finally dealing with this... so was it redirect or page hijak (today I was back to normal), or would you rather just blame me, like is the norm for most business out to not admit their faults?

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 04:21:01 PM »
Thank you for finally dealing with this... so was it redirect or page hijak (today I was back to normal), or would you rather just blame me, like is the norm for most business out to not admit their faults?
Yeah, right. Because an attacker would gain some great advantage by hiding this information from you and only you.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 04:28:21 PM by Charyb »

UserA789

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2012, 05:47:04 PM »
...and yet today, here we go again  ???

Lemme guess, this relies on flash since the only change to my system would be my flash permissions, I thought someone over there would have woken up with the Apple's Flashback virus...  :-X

BTW:  Heres the URL Im directed to:

http://www.avast.com/en-us/lp-pr-virus-update?p_ext=&utm_source=prg_ise_70_0&utm_medium=prg_lnk&utm_campaign=paid2paid&utm_content=prg_ise_en-usvirus-update&p_var=.%2Ffa%2Fen-us%2Fvirus-update&p_pro=2&p_vep=7&p_ves=0&p_lqa=0&p_lsu=24&p_lst=0&p_lex=254&p_lng=en&p_lid=en-us&p_elm=43&p_vbd=1426
I really dont understand how what was once THEE Antivirus soultion to trust has become so Synametatic  :'(

UserA789

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »
Yeah, right. Because an attacker would gain some great advantage by hiding this information from you and only you.
Its not that information is hidden, but Im sure you know that.  Its the fact the information IS missing that says something is NOT right.  But flame on dude.  As such a top poster here, you would think someone would already realise this says 'Hey, somethings blocking data from loading...', but weve already learned the TRUE motives of a few of the Ubers on here.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 05:50:49 PM by UserA789 »

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2012, 06:10:21 PM »
Its not that information is hidden, but Im sure you know that.  Its the fact the information IS missing that says something is NOT right.  But flame on dude.  As such a top poster here, you would think someone would already realise this says 'Hey, somethings blocking data from loading...', but weve already learned the TRUE motives of a few of the Ubers on here.
Once again, another unfounded accusation. You continue to make accusations without any proof!

What are the motives of the ubers that you speak of?

Did you make an attempt to submit the URL to any of the online URL scanners to see if a hijack or redirection was evident?

It is a problem with script blocking or a java script problem. Have you tried a different browser?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308260

The link you provided works perfect for me. See attached.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:33:22 PM by Charyb »

Gargamel360

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2012, 06:12:44 PM »
Hi UserA789.

It certainly could have something to do with Flash.  Many things on websites will not function/display properly without it, I'm betting this is not the first time you have ran into it if that is how you normally have your system set up.   I use script blockers, so I often run into things that will not work for the same reason.  If you take steps in this direction for security, you will always give up functionality....that which delivers "rich content" can also deliver "rich infections", it is a double edged sword like that.

I hope this leaves you a little more secure in your initial worries that Avast!'s website had been hacked.  Have a nice day.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2012, 06:47:07 PM »
Hi UserA789,

These are just user statistics for your alerts. I have gone all over avast with an extension in GoogleChrome that reveas all hidden webbugs and have not found any for avast. Why don't you reveal what is really tracking your online activities, but there I do not hear a word, just another dose of avast bashing. Privacyscore details for avast webforum and avast pages are very good. This is the only webanalytics they do, see: http://www.ghostery.com/apps/omniture. I give you back html page sniffer data from the link you produced. You are insecure because you did not update your Flash Player. Stop accusing us Űbers, we have avast user's best security at heart and try to do our very very best to make avast a top av solution,

polonus
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 06:55:52 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Nesivos

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2012, 08:32:48 PM »
avast! 7 uses Flash to show at least some of its stats.  When I removed Flash Ax (IE flash) because I don't use IE and Flash is a constant security risk the "Summary Statistics" in the GUI stop showing up.

Don't know if that is the case in the picture or not, but it may be.

UserA789

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2012, 09:00:38 PM »
Hi UserA789,

These are just user statistics for your alerts. I have gone all over avast with an extension in GoogleChrome that reveas all hidden webbugs and have not found any for avast. Why don't you reveal what is really tracking your online activities, but there I do not hear a word, just another dose of avast bashing. Privacyscore details for avast webforum and avast pages are very good. This is the only webanalytics they do, see: http://www.ghostery.com/apps/omniture. I give you back html page sniffer data from the link you produced. You are insecure because you did not update your Flash Player. Stop accusing us Űbers, we have avast user's best security at heart and try to do our very very best to make avast a top av solution,

polonus
My flash player is FULLY upto date.  Im not bashing Avast or ALL the Uber users.  Just those that would rather redirect converstaions and topics or insult instead of leave answers.  As far as 'Why don't you reveal what is really tracking your online activities'... what do you mean?  I dont P2P, Torrent, or anything else that would cause this.  If you know something more than I do, please share it instead of accusations.
avast! 7 uses Flash to show at least some of its stats.  When I removed Flash Ax (IE flash) because I don't use IE and Flash is a constant security risk the "Summary Statistics" in the GUI stop showing up.

Don't know if that is the case in the picture or not, but it may be.
I was aware that Avast uses Flash in the GUI, but on this stats page  :'( , as far as my flash player; its FULLY upto date but I dont allow any communication (via Flash Player settings), yet nothing seems to matter here.  BTW... HTML5 (WAY FASTER THAN FLASH) and WebM are SO MUCH BETTER than flash.  Im personally wondering, at this point, who is getting paid off to keep it in Avast.

So I guess its because I beleive in a little more security than 'User Friendly' settings.  Good call... one week away  :-X