Author Topic: License File Interrupted  (Read 19473 times)

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
License File Interrupted
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:40:51 AM »
HI,

I just upgraded to full protection for 2 years but I can't get my license file to download so I can activate it.  It says interrupted.  What's this about? and how do I get it to download so I can use what I have paid for.  I have the free avast so I went to step 2 in instructions.

Please advise.

Janice
I love this forum, with all its extremely knowledgeable personnel!

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
Re: License File Interrupted
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 04:49:44 AM »
Hi,

Okay I found out how to do this and have installed it successfully.

Love Avast!!

Janice

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 06:44:58 AM »
Hi,

As mentioned above I have bought the full protection for 2 years, inserted the license key and for about day or so it was all good.  Now I only show in Additional Protection Auto Sandbox, Browser Protection, Remote Assistance and Site Blocking.  I don't have: safe zone (for banking) firewall and anti spam.  I know that at the beginning I saw all of the above, not just part of it.  It says my license key is inserted.  I have been on holidays and just before I left it said the additional protection that I paid for was not running.

Hope someone can help me!

Janice

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 12:11:17 PM »
This topic has largely gone unnoticed as it should be in the avast! Free/Pro/Suite topic, not the 'Additional Products' sub-forum. Hopefully one of the moderators can move it.

If this was an upgrade from the avast free version by inserting the license file, I would suggest a clean install of avast Pro/AIS whichever version you purchased.

- Download the latest version of avast, 7.0.1456 (see #### below, for download locations) and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for 5.x, 6.0.x and 7.0.x).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! (using add remove programs, if you can't do that start from the next step), reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility from safe mode, first for 6.x if previously installed and then for 7.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.
####
Pro AV:  - http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_pro_antivirus_setup.exe
AIS:       - http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_internet_security_setup.exe
WinXP ProSP3/ Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ avast! free 18.5.2342/ Firefox ESR, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ DropMyRights/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 19.7.2388 (build: 19.7.4674.494)/ WinPatrol+/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ WinPatrol+/

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 03:36:49 PM »
Hello,

Thank you for replying DavidR!  I will do as you said and sorry for the wrong forum but very glad you responded.

I love Avast and the Avast forums, always, always helpful and knowledgeable people who come to our rescue.

Cheers,
Janice

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 03:50:22 PM »
You're welcome.

Let us know how it goes.
WinXP ProSP3/ Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ avast! free 18.5.2342/ Firefox ESR, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ DropMyRights/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 19.7.2388 (build: 19.7.4674.494)/ WinPatrol+/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ WinPatrol+/

Offline OLDMARINEKENR

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 07:49:31 PM »
I HAVE SUBMITTED A TICKET PREVIOUSLY AND RECEIVED NO RESPONSE. I HOPE FOR BETTER RESULTS THIS TIME. MY COMPUTER ON FREE AVAST CONTINUALLY SHOWED ERRORS SO I CANCELLED THE WHOLE MESS AND PURCHASED THE AVAST INTERNET SECURITY 7 THAT I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FIND A SITE THAT I COULD INSTALL IT. ALTHOUGH THEY HAD NO DIFFICULTY IN CHARGING MY CARD. I AM CURRENTLY UNPROTECTED ACCORDING TO THE ORANGE BALL. ANY ASSISTANCE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
KENNETH ROUSSELOW
580-540-7683

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2012, 07:54:39 PM »
have you tried a clean install of AIS as I have outlined in my first reply above.

Offline SafeSurf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2012, 12:00:58 PM »
@ OLDMARINEKENR,

For your protection against spammers, you really should click on the "Modify" button in this forum window > and delete your phone number.  In addition, go to the top of the page and go to Profiles and delete your email address.
Mac 10.9.4 /Safari and Firefox (NoScript/AdBlockPlus/BetterPrivacy/Ghostey)/
Vista Home Prem (same add-on's)/Avast Free/Online Armor Premium Firewall/MBAM Premium)/ Mobile MBAM.

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2012, 08:40:04 PM »
Hi DavidR,

I have been out of town.  I did as suggested above, it all came up but when I went online the firewall said "New network detected" it is my ISP I'm assuming so I clicked on first the Home optiion and that blocked me from going online.  Next I looked my options over and noticed the Work option was default.  So I uninstalled again as per your instructions, and reinstalled cleanly and when the same message came up I clicked on Work option so now I can get on the internet but can't surf.  Both Firefox, Explorer & Thunderbird are all blocked. I have uninstalled yet again and so now I am able to do everything because I have uninstalled AIS again.  I also tried just stopping the firewall to  go online but to no avail.

Waiting for further direction!

Cheers,
Janice

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2012, 09:28:31 PM »
Hi,

At this point I have downloaded the free version of Avast for now.

Cheers,
Janice

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2012, 10:16:46 PM »
Well the Home option is the lessor security level of connection (low risk) so it should allow most connections.

Unfortunately I can't be much practical help as I don't use the AIS version.

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 04:07:56 AM »
HI,

As stated above I downloaded the free version of Avast 7.  Then I upgraded from there, put in my License.avastic and now the extras I paid for, while they are all there, they are not working.  For each of the additional protection it states  PROTECTION STATUS UNKNOWN.  Can anyone at Avast help me out here?

Janice

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »
I was talking about the avast firewall settings not the actual version in my last post, relating to your post about connection problems.

Personally I would do a clean install of AIS as I mentioned in my first reply (#3 above) did you do that in the steps as laid out ?

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 02:19:21 PM »
HI DavidR,

Yes I followed your exact instuctions step by step and I can't get past the new network found.  Doesn't matter what I choose it blocks Firefox and Explorer from connecting.  So after trying that many many times I decided to upgrade from the free version but when I do that the modules don't run.