Author Topic: Fix button don't function  (Read 4110 times)

Offline asi

• Avast Reseller
    • Auditoría y Seguridad Informática
Fix button don't function
« on: July 07, 2012, 12:39:17 AM »
Hi,
Updated avast! File Server Security and Fix Button doesn't function to activate real time schields.
Please see image.

I already uninstall and reinstall avast!
Please tell me how to fix this issue.

Thanks.
Regards,

Offline hojokate

Re: Fix button don't function
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 04:16:43 PM »
I am also having the same problem. Fix button does NOR work...and when I get a notice to restart program restart button does NOT work either.  It says that Avast has stopped or is an inconsistant state. HELP

virgo77

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 11:49:45 AM »
Yep, maybe in the next update...

Need to wait!

falls57

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 04:46:01 PM »
I am having this problem too.  I updated and purchased the new version yesterday.  today my "system is not fully protected".  The fix now button and the turn on buttons do nothing!  I hope they have a fix soon!

virgo77

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 11:15:21 AM »
Hi all !

Have some news... from this topic (French) : http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=99601.0

An answer from the technical support says (translated as I could make it understandable ^^) :
If all your agents can be seen as activated, so the software have a bug. We are aware of this bug and apologize about it. It will be fixed in the next VPS soft update...

Note that the answer was written on the June 14, 2012, 01:33:40 PM !

Anyways, somebody posted a fix to bypass this bug :
1. go to Parameters > Survey Center > uncheck 'Sharepoint agent'
2. then, stop the Avast! 'auto- defense' - go to Parameters > 'Troubleshooting' (repair)
3. then, go to "services.msc" >  stop all Avast! Services
4. Into the Avast! Program Directory (C:\ProgramFiles\AVAST Software\Avast xxx), delete the file AhResWSS.dll (be quick! the services restarting is really short)
5. Next, restart Avast! and reactivate the 'Avast Auto-Defense' module
--> tested on 'avast endpoint protection suite' & 'avast endpoint protection suite plus' under windows server 2003 std & 2008 SBS successfully.

NOTE : maybe it will not work. I didn't tried it, so I can't confirm if it works yet, or not.
Hope it will be helpful!

Bye
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:32:30 AM by virgo77 »