Author Topic: invalid file signature  (Read 100742 times)

GTX66

Re: invalid file signature
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2012, 01:48:35 AM »
The infrastructure guys are investigating the problem... will be fixed as soon as possible.
Please be patient. Sorry for the troubles.

Fine Igor but there have been way too many problems with Avast over the last few months, enough to make me think if I should renew my subscription.

leishakay

« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2012, 01:50:02 AM »
I am having same issue on Win 7 64bit.

Erebus

« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2012, 01:50:18 AM »
Yep. same issue here on 2 PCs. I guess Avast! finally lost their crown. Very sad day for its users.

sugee

« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2012, 01:52:20 AM »
I've used avast! for more than 3 years and this would be the first time a concern with definition updates or any problems with avast! has occurred so I say hats off to the "infrastructure guys" and IT support for the consistant high quality service. Cheers from Canada.

The infrastructure guys are investigating the problem... will be fixed as soon as possible.

joining the club...just got home to this wonderful message that avast cannot update due to invalid signature

Pokesaver

« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2012, 01:54:47 AM »

Fine Igor but there have been way too many problems with Avast over the last few months, enough to make me think if I should renew my subscription.
No avast! problems from me, this is probably their biggest problem in years. I'm pretty sure you need to post in the viruses and worms section asap and get that redirect infection out of your computer.

Also, can we get a sticky or announcement on this? People are uninstalling + reinstalling and trying all these things that could potentially harm their computer even more. I really don't want to be the bearer of bad news when they say "My computer won't work with this I've tried all I can" with my response being," It's a problem with avast! that the avast! team is working on. You just destroyed half of your data for a "fix"."

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2012, 01:56:46 AM »
I got avast to update.. I did a offline update thing.. I downloaded the virus defs from http://www.avast.com/download-update and ran the file and avast accepted them like it should.. ;D
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

kvra_

« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2012, 01:58:40 AM »
Same error here, systems Windows 7 64 and Windows Vista Ultimate 32.

adeh999

« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2012, 01:59:21 AM »
same here  >:(

Offline Geoffo

« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2012, 02:01:17 AM »
I got avast to update.. I did a offline update thing.. I downloaded the virus defs from http://www.avast.com/download-update and ran the file and avast accepted them like it should.. ;D

That's not just the definitions, it's the complete package, it's 68mb in size!!
Win7, Chrome, Avast MBAM, SUS,

Tahalika

« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2012, 02:02:18 AM »
Ironically, this was why I signed up for this forum. I have the exact same problem right now. Well I'm a bit relieved to find out I'm not the only one.

nosense616

« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2012, 02:03:14 AM »

I've tried this technique and it worked to no avail.

jared19

« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2012, 02:06:31 AM »
I'm joining the club. Got the same problem. It would be nice if there's an announcement somewhere about this problem so we don't have to frantically try to "solve" the problem in our end (i.e. full system re-install or full disassembling the PC to figure out the bad parts).

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2012, 02:09:12 AM »
If you are using the regular release version 7.0.1466, and the repair failed - 'Error processing packages. Please use full update.' - then this worked for me:

Then you will need to do a Manual update of VPS - avast! Virus Definitions Update - Manual Download VPS Update (virus definitions, vpsupd.exe, approx 67.5 MB). - Save the file to your hard disk, locate where you saved it and double click it and that should carry out the virus definitions update.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Geoffo

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2012, 02:10:33 AM »
I'm joining the club. Got the same problem. It would be nice if there's an announcement somewhere about this problem so we don't have to frantically try to "solve" the problem in our end (i.e. full system re-install or full disassembling the PC to figure out the bad parts).

I agree, I was just about to uninstall when I thought I'd just check to see if anyone else had experienced this. There should be something temporarily at the front of the stickys just until they fix the problem. Thing is it must have been from the last previous update, so how can they fix it without another update - which we can't do? Hmmm
Win7, Chrome, Avast MBAM, SUS,

Pokesaver

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2012, 02:12:00 AM »
If you are using the regular release version 7.0.1466, and the repair failed - 'Error processing packages. Please use full update.' - then this worked for me:

Then you will need to do a Manual update of VPS - avast! Virus Definitions Update - Manual Download VPS Update (virus definitions, vpsupd.exe, approx 67.5 MB). - Save the file to your hard disk, locate where you saved it and double click it and that should carry out the virus definitions update.
What if I don't wanna download 67.5 MB to my hard disk and run it? Isn't it going to be fixed according to igor? And other users said it didn't work for them.