Author Topic: Recommend avast! and get Internet Security for free  (Read 251456 times)

Offline mokito

Re: Recommend avast! and get Internet Security for free
« Reply #135 on: May 20, 2013, 05:37:14 PM »
still no word for the error 100 (internal server error)?

Cris4524

« Reply #136 on: May 20, 2013, 05:57:49 PM »
You should have saved/backed up the license file that you downloaded.

I don't know if this resend license function will work in regard to these licenses awarded in the avast recommendations process.
-  Resend avast License http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when obtaining the license.

I introduced my e-mail address on this page and replied me with following message:

Code: [Select]
Dear customer,

we are sorry, but our records show no valid purchases with the e-mail address you specified.

Please make sure the information you supplied is correct, and the original purchase was carried out using this email address.

If you purchased your license from an avast! reseller please contact the reseller directly (http://www.avast.com/locate-dealer).

Best regards,

the avast! team

Why??? I have a licence for 3 years too from recommendation program! I got a ticket from support center 1 week ago but I haven't any reply!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 06:02:30 PM by Cris4524 »

oiboiz

« Reply #137 on: May 20, 2013, 06:25:43 PM »
Hi, I won a 3 years license thanks to Avast recommendations. But today I had to reinstall the OS, and when I want to download the license, I can't. The download button is greyed out.  Help please.

You are right. I have the same issue in my account. The download button is greyed out and it's not possible to download a license.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:34:48 PM by oiboiz »

Defence

« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2013, 12:47:43 PM »
Hi, I won a 3 years license thanks to Avast recommendations. But today I had to reinstall the OS, and when I want to download the license, I can't. The download button is greyed out.  Help please.

The license must be send your email adress.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2013, 01:48:05 PM »

You are right. I have the same issue in my account. The download button is greyed out and it's not possible to download a license.

Well that would be right, the download button would only be active when you reached the qualifying number of recommendations. When you used the download link 'once' those qualifying recommendations will have been used and it won't be active, otherwise what is to stop you from downloading more licenses.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

megamind

« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2013, 03:07:41 PM »
In december, when I downloaded for the first time the license, I also kept a copy of it. But two months later I had to do a OS reinstall, and I was able to redownload the same license. That was the moment when I deleted the copy, because I thought that I would be able to download the license whenever I want form my Avast account.
The Avast support haven't reply yet to my ticket. This is not fair, as you can see in the picture I posted above, I didn't stop after 21 invites. At this moment I have 75 recommendations.

Sorry for my english, is not my native language  :-[

oiboiz

« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2013, 03:36:07 PM »
In december, when I downloaded for the first time the license, I also kept a copy of it. But two months later I had to do a OS reinstall, and I was able to redownload the same license. That was the moment when I deleted the copy, because I thought that I would be able to download the license whenever I want form my Avast account.
The Avast support haven't reply yet to my ticket. This is not fair, as you can see in the picture I posted above, I didn't stop after 21 invites. At this moment I have 75 recommendations.

Sorry for my english, is not my native language  :-[

The same problem have guys from Russian zone of the forum. Moreover, some of them even can't download a license and get an error like ,,internal server error 100,,. They ask me to find a solution in English zone of the forum or contact the avast support team. Unfortunately, they don't know English pretty well to do it themselves. Let's wait a reply from avast support team. I also send them a message and hope for a positive result  8)

megamind

« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »
Just got a reply from Avast support, they sent me the license. This time I will make more copies of that license, just to be sure.  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #143 on: May 21, 2013, 05:18:35 PM »
Thanks for the feedback, yes always backup licenses.

This may also be a reminder to ensure other things may need to be backed up.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

oiboiz

« Reply #144 on: May 21, 2013, 05:18:51 PM »
Just got a reply from Avast support, they sent me the license. This time I will make more copies of that license, just to be sure.  ;D

Very happy that your problem is solved  :)

Offline mokito

« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2013, 08:00:25 PM »

i get the button to click but not downloading the license file... keeps showing internal server error... and still no word on whats the cause.....  :-\
Well that would be right, the download button would only be active when you reached the qualifying number of recommendations. When you used the download link 'once' those qualifying recommendations will have been used and it won't be active, otherwise what is to stop you from downloading more licenses.

oiboiz

« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2013, 10:31:46 AM »
Mokito,

I think you should Pm Martinz to check your account issue. Today I have sent him a message with a referral link of the user with the same issue and got a reply:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,
we will check the account and send him the license, hopefully today.

Martin
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, don't hesitate to contact him. You spent time to invite your friends and you are deserved to be rewarded with a license  8)

Offline mokito

« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2013, 03:41:30 PM »
thanks for the tip oiboiz! i'll do that asap ;)

Gabriel P George

« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2013, 04:06:16 PM »
i think its should be a motivating factor for beginer like me,

Offline mokito

« Reply #149 on: May 23, 2013, 11:42:50 PM »
my internal server error is gone! got an e-mail with my license and i can download it as well from my account :p