Author Topic: Big thanks to those who put together aswMBR!  (Read 4761 times)

Offline russell887

Big thanks to those who put together aswMBR!
« on: December 31, 2012, 12:33:36 PM »
Well I just got through with completing all the tweaks and adjustments to my system after running aswMBR.The problem was that I would do a scan with an anti-virus or anti-malware program and I would get all kinds of files that are no longer on my system being scanned or identified as threats.Avast alone would find 11 threats during a full scan that were AVG Drivers and 1 secunia PSI driver that I could not locate on my system.These were identified as rootkits but when I tried to remove the threat I would get the red lettering to the right that had stated these files could not be located on my system.Hitman Pro as well would find tons of suspicious files like these during a scan and malwarebytes would take about 10 hours to complete a full scan because it was scanning tons of Counter Strike Source game files that I had deleted long ago and could not find on my system.After running the Avast! Anti-Rootkit program there were a lot of Red highlighted files and after clicking on the fix button there was the warning window that stated there could be problems if this was not successful....well I went ahead anyway's and it was successful but little did I know my computer would be restored to a much earlier time frame.I don't know the exact date it was sent back to but it was further back than anything I had available on system restore or comodo time machine.I had to uninstall very carefully a lot of the programs that were showing up on recent scans and install new programs as well.But one thing for sure it was worth it!! All my scans are clean as a whistle now...Avast full scan flies through with 0 threats...Hitman Pro finishes without any suspicous files at all and my Malwarebytes Pro scans are clean without any of these old files being scanned and are extremely faster!! Thank You  ;D    I would recommend if you are not very experienced on the computer to make sure you are in contact with someone who is during using this program though. All in All I'm so very pleased with the outcome...Thank's again!!

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Big thanks to those who put together aswMBR!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 02:35:07 PM »
Always advisable to get guidance with tools which could convert your computer into a paper weight if used incorrectly.
WinXP ProSP3/ Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ avast! free 18.5.2342/ Firefox ESR, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ DropMyRights/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 19.4.2374/ WinPatrol+/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ WinPatrol+/

Offline russell887

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 08:08:55 PM »
Very true... I'm just happy to be able to complete an MBAM full scan in 1 hour 2 min. compared to 10 hours. Everything is running fine and the problem is cured.... Happy New Year's Guy's !!

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
A Happy New Year to you too, only four and a half hours to go here.
WinXP ProSP3/ Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ avast! free 18.5.2342/ Firefox ESR, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ DropMyRights/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 19.4.2374/ WinPatrol+/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ WinPatrol+/