Poll

As we have just released our new major version (V8), we would love to hear your feedback. So, how did we do?

It's great. I love it.
191 (28.4%)
So far so good. It is an improvement over V7 but we will see.
165 (24.5%)
About the same as V7
50 (7.4%)
I don't like the new version. Where can I get the download links for V7?
167 (24.8%)
It's rubbish.
100 (14.9%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: How do you like Avast V8?  (Read 233790 times)

true indian

Re: Really unhappy with Avast at the moment
« Reply #390 on: April 23, 2013, 10:37:31 AM »
I have been using Avast for years and apart from a couple of hickups along the way it was mostly a decent experience.
<snip>
I am now installing Avira to see if this is a better option. I think avast has really screwed up this time.

Apart from  complaining have you attempted to get help about resolving this issue as other people have had similar issues resolved...changing AV is not a solution.

Btw,I tried avira a few days ago and interface and program crashed upon me several times and it was annoying and this the 4th time in a row I have had trouble trying avira.  ;) Now I am back to avast.  :)

As observed earlier,people just storm in here ranting about the issues on every new release from avast and start bragging they will never use avast again without trying to get help from this forum and its users.What's the deal bro  ???
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 10:39:14 AM by true indian »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Poll: How do you like Avast V8?
« Reply #391 on: April 23, 2013, 12:45:41 PM »
when I updated to the new avast! 8 version my subscription ended, i should have my subscription until October 2013. How to go about this? Anyone there who knows what to do?

If you mean Subscription and not Registration, then you can use your license file again, license.avastlic that you no doubt saved in a secure place.

Or you can ask for it to be resent -  Resend avast License http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when purchasing the license, e.g. the one that the original email with the link was sent.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

luvavast

« Reply #392 on: April 23, 2013, 12:56:23 PM »
Great work Avast!  I'm a long time user!  8)

VitaChick

« Reply #393 on: April 23, 2013, 04:34:30 PM »
Not compatible with my Win XP system. Avast must have spent 4 hrs trying to
get it to work...AND THEY WILL NOT GIVE ME A REFUND!!!! (AVAST PREMIER TOTAL SUPPORT)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #394 on: April 23, 2013, 05:00:46 PM »
Not compatible with my Win XP system. Avast must have spent 4 hrs trying to
get it to work...AND THEY WILL NOT GIVE ME A REFUND!!!! (AVAST PREMIER TOTAL SUPPORT)

In stead of posting in multiple topics stick with your own topic we will try to help you, (but we really do need more information), whichever direction you want to take.

Be that resolve the compatibility issue (none with avast on my XP Pro system) or where to request a refund, which you haven't said where you tried ?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 05:04:26 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Theblob

Re: Really unhappy with Avast at the moment
« Reply #395 on: April 23, 2013, 07:42:16 PM »
I am now installing Avira to see if this is a better option.
big mistake man (though a year ago this wouldve been a good idea. not anymore ^^ )

Offline zenzor

« Reply #396 on: April 23, 2013, 07:49:17 PM »
didn't vote (no appropriate option)

in short: great potential ruined by plenty of serious bugs

I agree on both points... :(

websave

« Reply #397 on: April 23, 2013, 11:46:41 PM »
No offense, but I think that avast 8 is one of the worst versions I have ever tried. Scheduled scan will not work. http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=113484.45

Offline yowanvista

« Reply #398 on: April 24, 2013, 12:11:21 AM »
Avast 8 is undoubtedly one of the most bloated Avast version to date, the social integration and the program constantly nagging you to share or like the Avast page is absolutely annoying. Avast now seems like some random AV relying on social networking rather than on actual features to promote itself. And boy, the amount of bugs and those useless notifications makes the program a bit half baked. I wonder what was the Avast team focusing on, social crap sharing or usability.

kd5

« Reply #399 on: April 24, 2013, 06:28:26 PM »
I've already downgraded Avast! to v7 for several of my customers because it dragged their computers down and they didn't care for the "upgraded" interface.  I'll use v7 as long as I can on both our computers here at home then look for a different AV when Avast! no longer supports it.  What a bunch of crap.

Neil Parks

« Reply #400 on: April 24, 2013, 11:46:57 PM »
The new Mail Shield is a disaster.   The mail shield in Avast 7 and earlier worked very well, and there was no need to radically change it.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=117795.msg932248#new

thug4real

« Reply #401 on: April 27, 2013, 08:59:43 AM »
Is true there still some bugs that need to be fixed, but in the coming versions all this is about to change. I don't want to offend no one, but I'm curious how many people has gave up version 8 only for the new UI? Personally I too love the old UI, but the version 8 for me is a performance improvements and is more strong then version 7.

Regards RealNature,

knojon

« Reply #402 on: April 27, 2013, 10:19:43 AM »
The Shields are making avast a very unpopular program for many users.  >:(
I wish to know if there is a full FAQ on how to disable these, and make them stay disabled in windows7.

Since I now have the Pro Version installed, is this harder as they seem to re-enable after each log out / on ??
Was there an option I missed when installing, and can this be "fixed" by un / reinstalling the program ??

Thank You -

thug4real

« Reply #403 on: April 27, 2013, 11:28:18 AM »
I wish to know if there is a full FAQ on how to disable these, and make them stay disabled in windows7.

Since I now have the Pro Version installed, is this harder as they seem to re-enable after each log out / on ??
Was there an option I missed when installing, and can this be "fixed" by un / reinstalling the program ??

Thank You -
You can choose custom install, on setup windows, and from there you can chose what shield you want to be installed and what not. More easy this way.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #404 on: April 27, 2013, 02:03:42 PM »
Sorry to disagree, since from the beginning, the Shiels are one of the most important thing for tons of users.
They allow customization and meet users requirements.

In the main window of each Shield you can stop it.

Oh, there is no difference regarding to this with free and pro versions.
The best things in life are free.