Author Topic: Unable to Install License File -- Attempting to update EPS on Server  (Read 3336 times)

woodcycl

My reseller sold us Endpoint Protection Suite (only .. NOT 'server') to install on 2 servers (2003 and 2008) as well as 20 workstations in the past.  Those have expired.  My reseller was UNABLE to obtain ANY feedback from the U.S. Distributor of AVAST for 3 weeks and, thus, has decided to stop reselling AVAST due to this. 

My client, however, has invested the time, etc. with AVAST and chose to make the purchase of 23 NEW (unable to purchase renewals on avast's website?) licenses on the Avast website of EPS.  I now have the license file for the implementation from that purchase.

When I attempt to update the server's Avast EPS, I receive the error "Unable to Insert License File.  The license file does not contain any valid license".  This happens on either server where EPS is currently installed.  The version in the About Avast screen shows 8.0.1603.  Given I was able to install Avast Endpoint Protection Suite on the Servers and install the last license file, why am I now unable to install the new license file?  Do I need to uninstall the existing EPS app and re-install from a new download of a trial??

I did go out to a workstation and was successful in installing a license file.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Brian

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Hi,
you must deploy the license by using the console AEA or SOA, did you? Or you haven't the console?
Have you tryed to request again the new license file here http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php ?
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

woodcycl

I have SOA installed successfully.  Many networked (on a domain) computers show up with a green checkmark in SOA.  Many have question marks, including the server where I uninstalled the existing installation of EPS.  And, the server where the existing EPS remains, it has a Red "X". 

I don't see an option to deploy / install the client from SOA, is this correct?  I need to manually install where it isn't already installed?

Thank you,
Brian

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Hi,
Which version of SOA have you? is the last one 1.3.3.35?
Once you've inserted the new license in the SOA automatically it will deployed to the clients with the green mark (and not with the question mark) .
I suggest to you to deploy avast EPS by going in the SOA:
Go to JOBS->SCHEDULER->CREATE NEW JOB.
In Details, JOBS TYPE-> DEPLOYMENT, you can choose unattended deployment.
In Schedule you can choose when you want to run the job.
In Target you can choose the group selection to select the group you've created or you can select the clients you want to deploy avast (I suggest to use it with the clients with the question mark)
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52