Author Topic: avast! Mobile Security Beta Test  (Read 6753 times)

Offline Deborah S.

• Avast team
  • Avast team
avast! Mobile Security Beta Test
« on: August 11, 2014, 11:01:51 PM »
Help us with the latest version of avast! Mobile Security & Antivirus for Android by being a part of the beta testing team.

Here's how to participate: [edited]

1.     Join our beta Google+ group at https://plus.google.com/communities/112394513906169233317
2.     Click on the avast! Mobile Security (beta) link https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.avast.android.mobilesecurity
3.     Click on "Become a tester".
4.     Download through Google Play on your device

Feedback: Please share your thoughts, opinions, and bugs you discover on the Google+ community or here on the avast! Community forum

Thank you: Every active participant who provides feedback here or on our Google+ community, will receive 1-year avast! Mobile Premium license in appreciation for your contribution.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:13:06 PM by Deborah S. »
Deborah Salmi
Global Content & Social Media Manager
AVAST Software

Offline John21

Re: avast! Mobile Security Beta TEst
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 11:23:18 PM »
Sorry - nothing to see here.

There may be several reasons:
The app you’re looking for doesn't exist
or
the app developer is not currently running a test
or
you are not eligible to participate in the testing program.
If you received the link to this page from someone, we recommend you contact them for more information.
===========================

That's what I see upon clicking the link posted on FB.

Offline is211

Re: avast! Mobile Security Beta TEst
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 03:52:07 PM »
Today I installed avast mobile security beta. It's new user interface very nice and I like it.Working fine on my xperia J.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:50:44 AM by is211 »

Offline patrice58

• Poster
  • I'm a llama!
Re: avast! Mobile Security Beta Test
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2014, 05:02:20 AM »
It looks great and it seems to be running fine. If I am already a premium member will you be issuing a credit for the amount of a year's subscription? 
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 05:03:56 AM by patrice58 »
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 05:15:55 AM »
The best things in life are free.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Massive Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 10:09:02 AM »
It looks great and it seems to be running fine. If I am already a premium member will you be issuing a credit for the amount of a year's subscription?

I think you'll receive a voucher for one year. What you'll do with it is up to you.

Filip

Offline reevester

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 12:14:57 PM »
The new UI is definitely much better than the previous one.
Can you update the PIN Lock prompt UI to reflect the new minimalistic design as well? Additionally, can there be a way to say disable PIN prompt for the next 5 minutes? Useful if I am doing the setup for anti-theft and the screen goes to sleep.
Add functionality to lock apps only when not connected to somethinkg like your home wifi network or car bluetooth?

Offline Jürgen S.

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 05:46:50 PM »
I´m also think that the new UI is much better.

Is ist possible that in the Scanning Field with % the User became a info
"time until the end scan..."

LG
Jürgen

Samsung Galaxy S2, Cyanogenmod 11, Kitkat4.4.4, aktuelle Nightly

Offline patrice58

• Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 05:56:54 AM »
I think you'll receive a voucher for one year. What you'll do with it is up to you.

Filip
[/quote]

I understand what you are saying but how will that work if you have say a discounted fee which is renewable by Google play?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 06:01:53 AM by patrice58 »
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline joselamaraljr

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2014, 07:49:14 AM »
Loving the new UI, giving it a go and will report any thign i come across

Offline sasha4929

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 08:20:44 AM »
Put yesterday. Everything works fine so far. The only section app locking can not enter codepoint- drop-down menu button without inscriptions./Поставил вчера. Всё работает пока нормально. Единственно, в разделе app locking невозможно ввести код- в выпадающем меню кнопки без надписей.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 08:56:31 AM by sasha4929 »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Maybe Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 08:22:48 AM »
Поставил вчера. Всё работает пока нормально. Единственно, в разделе app locking невозможно ввести код- в выпадающем меню кнопки без надписей.
Please post English here, else use the forum section for your language.
-> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=21.0
XP SP3 - Avast 10.2.2218 - CIS 3.14 [FW/D+] - MBAM 1.75 [On Demand] - Firefox ESR 31.6 [NS/ABP/EHH/BP/SVC] - Thunderbird 31.6 [EM]
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen und Infos):
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Sohan Rao

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 09:11:22 AM »
Been a long time avast user both on my laptop and on my Android phone. Installed the latest beta update today. The new UI is quite nice have to get used to it (to the new settings and new layout) but yes definitely better than before.  But I would like to suggest to stick to android's new materialistic design in the future and please make some UI changes to lock screen it seems to be age old themed one. Best wishes

Offline amitsaha402

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2014, 09:31:37 AM »
Finally a fresh good UI. Was waiting for this for a long time. Everything looks good and working fine except 2 things. Don't know if it's just me facing slow app scanning rate than previous version, this beta version taking quite a bit long time for same amount of apps scanning.
And the 2nd problem is previous stable avast mobile security took just 13 to 16 MB ram, but now it's taking 67 to 75 MB ram usage. Plz take a look on this matter. Rest everything is working fine. Thanks.  :)

Offline joselamaraljr

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2014, 09:42:05 AM »
I experienced a forced closed while running a scan. Took a screen shot but I cant figure out how to add it to my post