Author Topic: Customer Service NIGHTMARE  (Read 1814 times)

Offline nancyjwhite

Customer Service NIGHTMARE
« on: February 14, 2015, 10:31:57 PM »
I just have to say, that after being a long-time Avast user, I needed to speak with CS about an issue and was treated with the utmost disrespect that I have ever encountered. Both of the men told me that I was "wrong" and "confused" I was neither wrong, nor confused. Neither one of them would shut up long enough for me to tell them the problem. The ONLY good thing I got was from the second CS rep. He said something about me forwarding one of my e-mails to another of my e-mail accounts. This was great, then after that, he lost it again, when he tried to reiterate. I told him that I was not stupid, I get it! BOTH of the CS people (and I use the term loosely) can KISS MY HARDDRIVE!!!   nEVER AGAIN WILL i PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM Avast. My new computer is at my computer people, and I can assure you, they will NOT be putting anything Avast on it.  EVER

#disrespectfulassholes

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Customer Service NIGHTMARE
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 10:45:17 PM »
If you used the free phone support telephone number, the Third party support is outsourced and provided by a supposed support company and not directly by avast - personally I would never use this function when the support forums are available.

The third-party Support Manager, nekvapil(at)avast(dot)com has requested info about 3rd party support issues, so if you have time to recount your experience (copy and paste your post give the link to this topic, etc.).
WinXP ProSP3/ Core2Duo E8300/ 4GB Ram/ avast! free 18.5.2342/ Firefox ESR, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ DropMyRights/ WinPatrol+/ Drive Image 7.1/ SnagIt 10.0/ avast! mobile security
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 19.6.2383 (build: 19.6.4546.508)/ WinPatrol+/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro7.11.0/ WinPatrol+/

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Customer Service NIGHTMARE
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 02:16:37 AM »
Please do as David suggested.

I would say, don't abandon a good product just because a third party sucks.
If you want help with avast, tell the problem on this webboard in the correct forum.