Author Topic: Avast Passwords  (Read 5131 times)

Offline brokenpixels

Avast Passwords
« on: March 09, 2016, 02:30:48 PM »
I recently activated the Passwords feature from my recent update of my Avast! antivirus. It then prompted me to install the plugin on my browser(s). I installed it on Firefox since that's the browser I use most often. For a couple days the extension was working fine (yellow icon + it would fill in forms for me). But suddenly (yesterday or so) it stopped working. It's greyed-out and it's not filling in forms. When I click on it, it shows that it's turned off. But whenever I click on the toggles to turn the web settings on, It goes right back to off:

When I hover on its icon, it gives this error on the tooltip:

I tried disabling it from the extensions list of Firefox, hoping to go back to using Firefox's native username/password-filling feature, but it doesn't seem to be working either. Not even when I enter the first couple letters of my username (a dropdown suggestion usually appears which I then click and it fills in the fields for me).

I tried re-enabling the Passwords extension but it's still the same. What could be the problem? If the feature is still faulty at this point, is there a way to remove it entirely from my browser so I can use my browser's password feature instead?

Please help. I'm really kinda lost without my auto-fillers.

Edit:
Both my browser and antivirus are updated to the latest version.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 02:34:00 PM by brokenpixels »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Avast Passwords
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 03:10:56 PM »
Perform a repair of avast and see if it solves the problem.
If not, perform a clean installation of the latest avast version.

Offline brokenpixels

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 05:10:02 AM »
Thanks for the reply. Repairing Avast did the trick!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 11:17:36 AM »
Good to hear the problem is solved.

Yes, a repair often solves things.
Remember it just in case  ;)

Offline ljc1110

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 09:20:54 PM »
I am having the same problem! I had to "refresh" Firefox due to constant crashing and since then Passwords will not work! It was working fine B 4 that. BUMMER!

Offline ljc1110

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 09:28:11 PM »
Tried repair and that didn't work, so guess I'll have to re-install. Here's hoping that works!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:54:45 PM by ljc1110 »

Offline kaokim

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2016, 04:43:58 PM »
I just set up Avast Passwords and my main password. Now, when I try to enter my Main Password in Passwords, it doesn't take. What can I do at this point since I was told that I had to remember it or else!

Offline starstruck

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2016, 01:26:09 AM »
Avast Passwords is a nightmare. I repeat, a nightmare! Avast EasyPass was such a good program. When I load Avast Passwords I don't see any Allow Installation or Continue signs coming up in Firefox and I haven't got an Avast Toolbar any more. I don't see any way to save passwords.

Not only that but EasyPass won't load for me either even though I've just bought a renewal at $14.99. It tells me my new license key is in use, whether I sync or start a new account, the same.

Offline tmtebzangwana

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 03:09:01 PM »
I need help syncing my android 5.0 with pc avast passwords, my phone gave me a security code to confirm the syncing but there's no where on pc version I can use that security code, please help

Offline carljax

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 04:44:47 PM »
Go to Avast settings and install the addon again. That solved it for me