Author Topic: After windows update I now get a message "You are unprotected"????  (Read 1419 times)

REDACTED

When I turned off my computer yesterday (Toshiba Laptop) windows 10 did automatic updates. Later I noticed there was an "X" on the Avast icon (free version), I clicked it and it says I am now unprotected.  Honestly, I don't know if the x was there prior to the updates or not but I don't think so. If I click start now, it works for a few second, quits working but does not start.  If I click "resolve all" it works for quite a while but does not start or fix anything. After reading many posts on this forum I tried the following; Via services I made sure Avast is set to start automatically (it was).  Via programs I ran repair.  It worked for quite a while and said software was repaired but still could not start.  I rebooted and it did not start nor can I start it.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: After windows update I now get a message "You are unprotected"????
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 07:43:33 PM »
Perform a clean installation of the latest avast version with the off-line installer.

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 09:03:48 PM »
Thanks for the reply Eddy.  I did that and it worked (I should have thought of it before posting).  I'm back up and running and appreciate the input!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 09:08:48 PM »
We all, at times, don't think about something.
Main thing is that everything is working again as it should.