Author Topic: License/Subscription Question regarding CleanUp Mobile app  (Read 695 times)

Offline J. Mays

License/Subscription Question regarding CleanUp Mobile app
« on: October 29, 2017, 01:42:59 AM »
Hello.

Can someone explain why a license for Cleanup cannot be shared with multiple phones but a license for Mobile Security can?

Yes, I understand they are two different apps and provide two different types of functions, but they both comparatively provide the same amount of services and are not unequal in terms of overall size.

I find it frustrating that I'm able to assign my Mobile Security to two of my devices but lack the same ability for Cleanup....but not seeing what would justify such a differences in pricing approach.

I did call into your Customer Service phone queue to ask, but was advised that they don't have any background information on the pricing approach.  Can an administrator walk me through this please?

Thank You.

Offline Asyn

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Merry Christmas..!!
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast Premier 17.9.2320.Beta#2 - CC 5.38 [OD] - MCS [OD] - EEK [OD] - FF ESR 52.5.2 [NS5/uBO] - Thunderbird 52.5 [EM]
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen und Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Tereza V.

• Poster
Re: License/Subscription Question regarding CleanUp Mobile app
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 09:53:05 PM »
Hi, I have checked that Avast CleanUp can be used on up to 5 devices, as long as these are logged in the same Google account.

Please try to follow this FAQ link to troubleshooting Avast Mobile Security activation issues, just do the same for your CleanUp app, I hope it helps:
https://support.avast.com/cs-cz/article/86/

Offline J. Mays

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 07:41:11 PM »
Hi Tereza!

Thank you so much for the link. I followed the instructions via it and that resolved the license issue. My apologies for missing the FAQ initially; it was very helpful.

Just an FYI, you will definitely want to advise your customer service phone team about the Cleanup license sharing. When speaking with a phone agent, they insisted the license couldn't be shared with another device. And it didn't seem to be an instance of not understanding each other: she insisted the Security license could be shared but the Cleanup license couldn't.

I'm not trying to get anyone into trouble, I just wanted to advise you on the misinformation.  Aside from that, thank you so much for the clarification and help.   :) :) :)

Hi, I have checked that Avast CleanUp can be used on up to 5 devices, as long as these are logged in the same Google account.

Please try to follow this FAQ link to troubleshooting Avast Mobile Security activation issues, just do the same for your CleanUp app, I hope it helps:
https://support.avast.com/cs-cz/article/86/
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 08:25:21 AM by J. Mays »

Offline Tereza V.

• Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 08:52:34 PM »
Hi J., thanks, I will see what I can do about it.

Offline J. Mays

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 06:20:19 AM »
Hi...I'm back.  :o

Unfortunately, I've had to reinstall the Cleanup app twice as both times the license would disappear on the second device. Initially, the paid version will work and then the following day the app will Bert back to the unpaid version. When I run the option to reinstate the license, the app states it's no longer there.

So I them have to uninstall/reinstall the app for it to revert back to the paid version. As mentioned, this has happen two days in a row.

Any suggestions in how to prevent/avoid this?

Offline Tereza V.

• Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2017, 03:15:43 PM »
Hi, sorry for the delay.
I have checked with my colleagues, and must say we are not able to prevent the Google account switching in any way, nor have any option to force it to always update under the right account. All this is in the hands of Google Play and we have no power over it.
Thanks for understanding.