Author Topic: Avast Antivirus 2018 vs preinstalled Avast on phone  (Read 2111 times)

Offline vincentsoon14

Avast Antivirus 2018 vs preinstalled Avast on phone
« on: February 09, 2018, 07:05:22 AM »
Greetings,

Per the title, are there differences in the versions of Avast antivirus?

The pre-installed one seems to scan fairly quickly but I suspect that its a lite version, meaning it does a quick scan instead of a full comprehensive scan (no such option to do full scan). I am not sure if it has real-time protection though.

This version usually comes in phones like Oppo and XiaoMi under "security center" - "virus scan" and uses Avast' definition as default.

The full version (free) on the Play Store however, if I remember correctly does a more comprehensive scan and has multiple options include real-time shield or scanning on access / install.

In view of the above, can someone comment or explain if the lite version is "weaker" in terms of protection?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Tereza V.

• Advanced Poster
Re: Avast Antivirus 2018 vs preinstalled Avast on phone
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:01:42 AM »
The preinstalled antiviruses are built on Avast technology and the level of malware protection should be the same, however, please note that the preinstalled Antiviruses are not "built by Avast" directly and that the support is directly on the manufacturer.