Author Topic: Unable to cancel Avast Cleanup Premium free trial on the last day  (Read 160866 times)

REDACTED

Hi,
I tried to cancel the auto-renewal under my licences but was unable to because "Sorry we are unable to cancel at this moment" or something of the sort. By now the cancel button has disappeared altogether. I would like it to be cancelled before I am charged for the whole year.
My order ID is 35247618462 and the e-mail associated with it lxxxx.lxxxxxx@gmail.com.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 01:40:50 PM by r@vast »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Unable to cancel Avast Cleanup Premium free trial on the last day
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 07:25:05 AM »
I'd suggest removing your email unless you want it harvested by spammers :o

REDACTED

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 11:03:34 PM »
If it gets the message across, I'll willingly translate Beagea59's post. He/she is just one of the, presumably, thousands of people who have been scammed by Avast's 'free trial'. Please see my post in the other thread on this subject.  I am unable to log in even using the details supplied in Avast's confirmation e-mail, let alone cancel the subscription to CleanUp Premium within the 60 days.
A con, pure and simple.

REDACTED

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 09:28:45 PM »
I have the same problem. How did you solve it?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 02:34:36 PM »
I have the same problem. How did you solve it?

Hi,

I apologize for our terrible unsubscribe process we know about the issue and we are already working on several fixes which should make the whole process clearer and way easier for our users.

Anyway I checked your record in our systems and it seems that your subscription has been cancelled today.
So you don't have to worry about charging your credit card.

Have a nice day.

REDACTED

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 02:28:53 PM »
Hello, please cancel my auto renewal for the free trial. It's not really free if you make it impossible to cancel.  >:(

After spending an hour searching for some way to contact you, I'm resorting to posting as a way to get you to cancel my auto renewal.

There is no way to do so online, your website support does not allow you to email or send a message.

Shame on you, this is no way to do business.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 09:25:54 AM »
Hello, please cancel my auto renewal for the free trial. It's not really free if you make it impossible to cancel.  >:(

After spending an hour searching for some way to contact you, I'm resorting to posting as a way to get you to cancel my auto renewal.

There is no way to do so online, your website support does not allow you to email or send a message.

Shame on you, this is no way to do business.

Hi,

I apologize for our terrible unsubscribe process we know about the issue and we are already working on several fixes which should make the whole process clearer and way easier for our users.

I cancelled you subscription so you don't need to worry about the auto renewal.
Your trial license expires 15th June so you can still enjoy our product until then.

Thank you and have a nice day.

REDACTED

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 12:39:56 PM »
I have the same problem. I want to cancel my free subscription to Avast Cleanup Premium 60 day trial-1 PC-1 year, am able to access my Subscriptions Details but can't disable Automatic Renewals as there are no settings to click on next to Automatic Renewals. Can you deactivate automatic renewals for me?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 12:45:43 PM »
I have the same problem. I want to cancel my free subscription to Avast Cleanup Premium 60 day trial-1 PC-1 year, am able to access my Subscriptions Details but can't disable Automatic Renewals as there are no settings to click on next to Automatic Renewals. Can you deactivate automatic renewals for me?

Hi,

I can see that you somehow managed to get it cancelled because it is already marked as suspended in our systems.
Feel free to continue using our product until 22nd June when your trial is going to expire.

We apologize for our trial cancellation process and wish you a pleasant rest of the day.
Regards.

REDACTED

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 02:54:20 PM »
Hello, please cancel my auto renewal for the free trial. Order ID:
And let me know when it`s done!

Thank You and have a good day!

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 05:07:50 PM »
Hello, please cancel my auto renewal for the free trial. Order ID:
And let me know when it`s done!

Thank You and have a good day!

Hello,

your subscription has just been cancelled. You don't need to worry about charging your credit card when the trial expires.
The trial is still valid until 22nd July so you can enjoy our product until then.

REDACTED

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 01:29:15 AM »
Hi Please can you check that my renewal is cancelled got the same problem as most on here this should be fixed by now very bad customer relations !!!!!

Thank you

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 09:27:39 AM »
Hi Please can you check that my renewal is cancelled got the same problem as most on here this should be fixed by now very bad customer relations !!!!!

Thank you

Hello,

your subscription has already been cancelled yesterday. You don't need to worry about charging your credit card when the trial expires.
The trial is still valid until 12th July so you can enjoy our product until then.

REDACTED

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 09:14:39 PM »
Hi,

i want to cancel the renewal of my licence please.
there is no buttons or whatever to do it.
YECTD5-V53C92-5W46TN

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 09:37:25 AM »
Hi,

i want to cancel the renewal of my licence please.
there is no buttons or whatever to do it.
YECTD5-V53C92-5W46TN

Hello,

your subscription has just been cancelled. You don't need to worry about charging your credit card when the trial expires.
The trial is still valid until 27th June so you can enjoy our product until then.