Author Topic: avast wont reset the master password  (Read 746 times)

Offline idk_what_name_to_put_here

avast wont reset the master password
« on: July 12, 2018, 03:47:51 AM »
idk why but it wont work
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 03:58:03 AM by idk_what_name_to_put_here »

Offline Daniel Hustava

• Avast team
Re: avast wont reset the master password
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 10:20:38 AM »
Hi,

What do you mean by "reset"? If you forgot master password, then only solution is to wipe the vault (via settings (cogwheel) -> delete all data) and start again from scratch.

Dan

Offline idk_what_name_to_put_here

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 07:53:55 PM »
nevermind i remembered my master password apparently when i deleted the master password it was still there but i accidentally forgot that i left my master pass in my notebook but then i remembered that it was in there so i was able to access it again but the passwords i had were gone so i imported them from my web browsers

Offline advertisingalabama

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 01:30:57 AM »
Hello everyone. New to forum but followed Dan's reset from cog and delete all data, but when I click to delete it doesn't give option to create a new master password. What should I do? I can't get Passwords to work at all. :)

Offline PreacherAl

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 08:37:07 PM »
I have the same problem.  Avast password locked itself on both of my computers.  One is a work and the other at home. I had lost my Master password, so I decided to start a fresh. I was able to wipe the vault and get a new master password installed.  I was even able to activate one touch on my iPhone.  But I am unable to wipe the vault and start afresh on my laptop that I have at home.  Any suggestions?

Oh and by the way your verification is really hard to make out

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2018, 08:50:44 PM »
Oh and by the way your verification is really hard to make out
Captcha is only needed for your first 3 posts. (Spam protection)
Win 8.1 [x64] - Avast Premier 18.6.2348.B6 - CC 5.44 - MCS - EEK - FF ESR 52.9 [NS5/AOS/uBO] - TB 52.9.1 [EM] - ACP/ASB/ASL.BC
Deutschsprachiger Bereich -> Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523