Author Topic: NEW Version: 19.1.2360  (Read 118081 times)

Offline abruptum

• Massive Poster
Re: NEW Version: 19.1.2360
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2019, 06:20:28 PM »
I can't save settings. It doesn't work.

Everything is fine after additional reboot.

Offline FrFc1908

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2019, 07:23:11 PM »
Thanks for this new release Avast team! ;) today after install and reboot , after opening the gui for the first time I got a blank screen....tried to open up and close a couple of times , same result. after another reboot it is normal again.
Avast One Essential

Offline Terryrb

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2019, 07:50:18 PM »
After updating to this new version (Avast! Free), I can no longer find any controls to set the scheduled scan date/time for a full scan. The Settings link under the Full Virus Scan (from Protection->Virus Scans) contains nothing about scheduling. There is also a clock icon under the Full Virus Scan panel, but it only shows when the scan will run - no controls for setting/changing it. This clock icon is not clickable - the scheduled scan time only appears in a pop-up which is also not clickable.

In previous versions, the scheduling controls were easily found and intuitive. Have these controls been hidden somewhere else or are they simply missing in this release? I think the scheduling settings have been missed and should have been part of the Settings menu tree.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2019, 07:58:05 PM by Terryrb »

Offline gatocan2066

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 08:16:59 PM »
This is just nonsense, a bug or avast bug almost unimportant.

In windows 7 64bits, before the threats a sound sounded. In fact it sounded so much in web detections, as when you did a scan and it was completed.

Well, now sounds no longer work.

I did the eicar test and it does not sound at all (and if the speakers are on, youtube sounds perfectly, and the avast sounds are activated).

Who else happens that avast no longer sounds. At least in my windows 7 do not sound neither threats nor full scans at all. And the sounds are activated in avast.

PS: This is in Avast Free 19.1.2360 (build 19.1.4142.0), with windows 7 professional 64bit.

The sound is silly but good, because the capture screens work well. And in fact for now everything works fine except for the sounds of Avast.

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2019, 09:44:21 PM »
hello @gatocan2066

I have W7 64bits and I have the problem halfway through
I still have the sound (dong dong dong) but no more voice like before.

Offline SimmonsTheMad33

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 10:30:34 PM »
Like the new settings menu. Startup time is the same for me, but my PC already starts up extremely quick anyhow
Motherboard- Asus Z390 Maximus XI Hero / CPU- 8700K / RAM- 32GB DDR4 2666 / GPU- GTX 1070 FE / NVME- Corsair MP510 240GB / Windows 10 64 Home

Offline loungehake

• Dummy Half
  • Poster
  • Come on lad! You've only got 70 yards to go.
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 11:08:52 PM »
Avast 19.1.2360 performs superbly. It makes my ancient AMD Sempron 3000+ single core 1.8Gz powered Windows 7 (x64) system actually sprightly. That is how I describe the new Avast.

Avast is the only anti-malware for me.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64, Avast Free 24.1, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware

Offline loungehake

• Dummy Half
  • Poster
  • Come on lad! You've only got 70 yards to go.
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2019, 11:14:39 PM »
Like the new settings menu. Startup time is the same for me, but my PC already starts up extremely quick anyhow

If it makes a previously sluggish AMD Sempron 3000+ single core 1.8Gz powered Windows 7 (x64) system seem quick, it must be very good.
Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x64, Avast Free 24.1, Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit, Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware

Offline BeastGSM

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2019, 11:29:00 PM »
Well nice to see the stable version working  :)
Win10 sys no probl. at all, but win7 sys i needed to reinstall Avast IS because it kept blocking my ExpressVPN app  :o (even after a manual startup of the app)
Needed a fresh AIS install to get it working fine.

Is it correct that you can not change "network profiles" names anynore within the firewall settings (what stilll worked fine in the previous version Win10 and Win7 ?   ???    (would be a pitty).

Offline MaxLV

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2019, 11:50:31 PM »
Updated both my computers without problems...

But on checking all the new features, in the firewall, settings, it is now listing multiple network profiles. Before the update only two network profiles were listed in  firewall settings.

The new network profiles were all set to public, and I dont recognise any of them.

I have set them to private, but there's no longer any option to delete them like there was before the update.

What are these new network profiles, and why cant they be deleted?

All the unknown network profiles have a red x on the network profile icon so i guess this means they're not active or disabled in the Avast firewall.

I am the only user of these two computers.
Both computers have WiFi, and one has Bluetooth, But these options are not used and are turned off in Windows by default. I only turn these options on when I want to use them.
The computers are on a LAN via Ethernet.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2019, 12:00:15 AM »

But on checking all the new features, in the firewall, settings, it is now listing multiple network profiles. Before the update only two network profiles were listed in  firewall settings.

The new network profiles were all set to public, and I dont recognise any of them.

I have set them to private, but there's no longer any option to delete them like there was before the update.

All the unknown network profiles have a red x on the network profile icon so i guess this means they're not active or disabled in the Avast firewall.

Both computers have WiFi, and one has Bluetooth, But these options are not used and are turned off in Windows by default. I only turn these options on when I want to use them.
Tried a reboot or ... three?

Offline MaxLV

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2019, 12:04:06 AM »

Tried a reboot or ... three?

Only the required reboot after the updated had completed...

Offline TheOwner

• Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2019, 01:00:17 AM »
Thanks for update.

Bugs:
- When I disable all shields, then i want enable it (in tray icon) it say 6 shields disabled (rootkit shield and exploit shield are probably counted).
- After enabling all shields (in tray icon) everything seems normal, except notification center says Rootkit and Exploit shield are disabled (still ticket in options).
- In new settings under shields -> PUP detection -> I set Automatic clean but in old settings is PUP detection unticked.

What I like:
- 64 bit version is much faster
- Full system scan show me what testing

What I don't like:
- New settings is absolutely awful. You can simplify settings, why not, but why in this dark background theme? Old settings has professional look and has much more things to set. Now we have 2x settings old and new. So if i unable set something i need use old (Clean test history for example). 
- There is no Save or Cancel button in settings. If I missclick somewhere, it will be saved and I will not be protected. Please let user confirm changes by hit Save button.
- Old and new setting together. If you reworked settings, delete old. Seems like unfinished product.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 02:23:03 PM by TheOwner »

Offline chris..

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2019, 01:26:17 AM »

- New settings are too much confusing to me. I had to use old settings. I just need untick Avast email signature and tick PUP detection, but in new settings is somewhere hidden. Also new setting has no possibility clear test history.
It's often like that when there's change, you have to get used to it.
For email signature -> main shields -> configure the shield setting -> mail shield -> "add a signature to the end of sent emails"
For PUP detection -> virus scan -> each type of scan offers to tick or not the PUPs
also about PUPs : main shields -> what to do with -> PUP -> repair , ask or do nothing
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 01:29:10 AM by chris.. »

Offline TheOwner

• Poster
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2019, 01:30:44 AM »

- New settings are too much confusing to me. I had to use old settings. I just need untick Avast email signature and tick PUP detection, but in new settings is somewhere hidden. Also new setting has no possibility clear test history.
It's often like that when there's change, you have to get used to it.
For email signature -> main shields -> configure the shield setting -> mail shield -> "add a signature to the end of sent emails"
For PUP detection -> virus scan -> each type of scan offers to tick or not the PUPs
also about PUPs : main shields -> what to do with -> PUP -> repair , ask or do nothing
Yes but in old settings when i hit PUP detection it was enabled in all shields and in all tests. So now i have to enable it in each test and shield separately. Anyway i don't see any single reason change settings. It was perfectly fine for many years.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 02:48:46 AM by TheOwner »