Author Topic: Notifications aren't descriptive enough  (Read 765 times)

Offline J.Spiers

Notifications aren't descriptive enough
« on: August 03, 2019, 10:38:32 PM »
I keep getting notifications that a "Malicious website was blocked." I JUST got two at the same time. One came from my step-son's PC, the other came from my wife's iPhone. These notifications are about worthless because they don't give any information on the website that the users tried to access. I can't take further steps to prevent things like that on my network if I have no idea what was blocked. I can't teach my step-son what to avoid if I can't figure out what URL was actually blocked.

Jess

Offline HeffeD

Re: Notifications aren't descriptive enough
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 12:26:20 AM »
I agree. These notifications aren't even slightly useful...

Offline J.Spiers

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 02:20:32 PM »
I agree. These notifications aren't even slightly useful...

I mean, I know we can go check the notifications / firewall log for the device in question, but sometimes that's not really practical. That and the "Management" software should be overly descriptive if anything.

Also.. the Malicious site that my wife accessed on her iPhone. It was the Amazon App... and it didn't actually block it, even if it was a false positive.

Offline Zbyněk6

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 03:01:15 PM »
Hello, We are aware of the low usability of the notification, but we are also aware of the potential sensitivity of the URL. We are working on improvement. Thank you