Author Topic: Help!!!  (Read 13243 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Help!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2006, 06:45:31 PM »
If Outlook/Exchange isn't running, then the waiting for sub-system isn't related to that and is something else, what I'm totally unsure of.

Once, twice, or ten times, there would still appear to be something wrong with your setup, so there would appear to be something else messing up the install.

What you are experiencing is with the blank folders I've never heard of in over two years in the forums. The program obviously exists and is running after a fashion, I'm at a total loss as to what the blank folder issue is. Does this happen in other folders ?

Thankfully google isn't at a loss http://home.satx.rr.com/badour/html/tips_e_-_p.html
EXPLORER "DETAILS" ARE INCOMPLETE.  Left click in the Explorer's right panel.  Press Control and the plus (+) in the numeric keypad (right side of keyboard).  If this doesn't work, read this article:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q179875/

Edit: The Script Blocking provider you see in Tech's image is a part of the Pro version only, not Home.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 06:47:32 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Chris C

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2006, 07:21:17 PM »
As far as whether or not there are  other blank folders...............I wouldn't know, I don't get into folders in the things I do with my computer.

I tried to follow the instructions in the link you gave me, but I don't understand them, so got nowhere.  (Computer illiterate.)

I think I'll just give up and call what I've got good enough.  Thanks for trying to help.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 07:27:43 PM by Chris C »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2006, 08:32:10 PM »
The general instructions were copied in the quote without having to visit the site.

Go to the avast4 folder and if the right hand content is blank, click the mouse left button inside the blank window. Then press the Control ('Ctrl', Bottom left of keyboard) key and the + (plus) key (of the numeric pad) at the same time.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Chris C

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2006, 11:39:24 PM »
David, I've done that so many times I'm blue in the face!!!!!  I followed your instructions and then went to the site and followed the same instructions.  Absolutely nothing happens.  By "right hand content", do you mean the blank area in the folder? By the way, I might add that when I have the Avast4 folder pulled up and put my curser on the Avast4, I get a little box saying the folder is empty.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 11:43:07 PM by Chris C »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2006, 01:35:09 AM »
The folder clearly isn't empty otherwise avast wouldn't be running in any form and Yes I do mean in the blank area as in:
click the mouse left button inside the blank window.
That is essentially to have what is called focus (e.g. that window is the active one), so that the Ctrl and + keys effect the blank window and not another one.

If you have tried this and it didn't work I'm as much at a loss as you because I spent ages googling to try and find solutions. As I said previously I've never seen this before and there is definitely something screwy going on in your system.

Chris C

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2006, 02:43:49 PM »
Thanks for all your help, David.  Guess I need to take my tower into the guy who built my computer and have him check it out, huh?  I'll just put up with the inconvenience at start-up until I have time to do that.