Author Topic: ::: Announcement :::  (Read 15033 times)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
::: Announcement :::
« on: October 04, 2006, 09:35:45 PM »
Since kubecj plays some kind of dictator roll in this forum, and after he erased my simple reply in this thread (no, he didn't leave a single sign that my reply ever existed), I am forced to take these steps...

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=23952.0

This was my simple reply:

a) Paid by Microsoft...  8)
snip the ****

No comment

I posted simple "No Comment", nothing less nothing more... I don't see what's the reason he removed it. Maybe he has some reasons known to him only.

I decided to politely ask Alwil to solve this situation. He can not act like this. He did similar thing to Mastertech and I am sure he will do the same thing to everyone else who doesn't think like he does. Every single time someone says something pro-Microsoft or Pr-IE, even thought those things can't be really characterized as Pro... simple when someone says something nice about MS or any of their products, he puts a ban on that person or simply by censoring his post.

Great way to go guys, you really showed your real face !

kubecj, all I can say to you is this: do not forget that Alwil is a partner with MS. Does that mean that we all should move aways from avast! since it deals with MS ? ;)

Remove this thread too, and I will post it all over the forum again and again. You can ban me from this forum, but never forget what I did for you people and never asked for anything in return ;)

So for now, I will just ask this, and this is my final on this subject. Until there is a dictatorship in this forum, I don't want to be a part of it in any way. I know not many will cry and I don't care, that's not what I am asking anyway... what I am asking is this...

Alwil guys, I am nicely and politely asking you to remove all my skins that I ever did for avast! from avast! download section. I didn't ask for this... I simply posted "No comment" reply in above mentioned thread.

Thanks in advance !
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 10:29:23 PM by szc »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline OrangeCrate

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: ::: Announcement :::
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 09:59:14 PM »
SZC,

I don't post much, but I read this forum every day. There are certainly a couple of people who post regularly, that I wouldn't mind going away, but you are certainly not one of them.

Over time, I've gained several "gems" from your posts, and I'm appreciative of your knowledge and help. I hope you and Alwil work this out - I'd hate to see this come to push and shove.

In the meantime, please go to your local pub, and have a tall one (or two) on me. PM me, and I'll send you some yankee dollars to cover the tab.

:)

Edit: Typo
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 10:15:03 PM by OrangeCrate »

justin1278

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 10:11:07 PM »
Hi,

I have been watching this forum for some time without being logged in and from different IP's and I must say that I am not impressed by how some people have been acting, as for removing Sasha's skins I hope Alwil will not ignore Sasha's wish, also if I get banned from these forums for whatever reason by the current "dictator" then I will leave and you will see no sign of me on these forums again, and when I disapear so will the virus samples that I send to avast! to help out in detection.

kubecj

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 10:17:40 PM »
I removed the post because it did not add anything to the topic. I usually don't touch so many posts, but because I somewhat expected something like that for fanboys, I had notification on the topic.

I still claim that szc's post was completely useless and I did good thing when I removed it. I've got certain privileges but I'm just using them only when needed - when there are spammers, trolls and flamers.

szc, this is completely your problem and your fault that you see the whole 'cause' you're trying to create as personal.

Regarding banning for the opinions - nobody gets banned for that (except for hatespeech, racism etc.). Trolls and flamers may get temporary ban so they can calm down, though.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 10:19:44 PM by kubecj »

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 10:21:35 PM »
I removed the post because it did not add anything to the topic. I usually don't touch so many posts, but since I somewhat expected something like that, I had notification on the topic.

I still claim that szc's post was completely useless and I removed it. I've got certain privileges but I'm just using them only when needed - when there are spammers, trolls and flamers.

szc, this is completely your problem and your fault that you see the whole 'cause' you're trying to create as personal.

Regarding banning for the opinions - nobody gets banned for that (except for hatespeech, racism etc.). Trolls and flamers may get temporary ban so they can calm down, though.

So now you are telling me that you have rights to remove "useless" posts ? Did you think of that for every single post I made counting last more than 6200 posts ?

You said, spammers, trolls and flamers... which one am I in your eyes my friend ? Flamers group ? By posting simple "No Comment" ? Well, that's ok...

« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 10:49:22 PM by szc »
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

kubecj

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2006, 10:31:49 PM »
So now you are telling me that you have rights to remove "useless" posts ? Did you think of that for every single post I made counting last more than 6200 posts ?

Yep, every mod on every forum has such right. Do not mistake moderation for censorship, please.

..::ReVaN::..

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2006, 10:40:23 PM »
... I am not impressed by how some people have been acting ...

I know what you mean ! It's not just Mastertech that deserves a banana ...  ;) I think the mods are doing a rotten job. Of course it's not like they are around much ...

justin1278

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 10:45:49 PM »
... I am not impressed by how some people have been acting ...

I know what you mean ! It's not just Mastertech that deserves a banana ...  ;) I think the mods are doing a rotten job. Of course it's not like they are around much ...

I am glad that somebody else agrees as well. I think Alwil should do something, such as make some of the more active users Mods, like Comodo did at the Comodo forums, the Comodo forums have enough mods now that there is usually at least 1 mod on at a time, but usually there are around 2-3 on at a time, but this way we catch all the spammers ;)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 10:50:55 PM »
I do not agree. Mastertech got banned, and that was absolutely correct. No one else (except for the spammers) got a permanent ban, and that's correct as well.

SzC, if you're serious about the skins (i.e. don't want to change your mind, even if I kindly ask you to do so), I'll do what you want (tomorrow). :-\

Good night, I gotta go now.
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 10:53:39 PM »
Do not mistake moderation for censorship, please.
When the actions of a Mod. (Who isn't even listed as a Mod) become censorship by deleting posts,
then it's not deleting unnecessary information, it's outright censorship.
There is nothing wrong with deleting content and replacing it with an explanation.
Simply deleting the post is the same as censorship.
The last time I checked, censorship in this country is against the constitution.  :'(
kubecj,
One question?
What is a Webfarmer ? and if your a Mod on this webforum, what does that make us?  ??? ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

justin1278

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 10:56:04 PM »
What is a Webfarmer ? and if your a Mod on this webforum, what does that make us?  ??? ???

I too would like to know this.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 10:56:32 PM »
Mastertech got banned, and that was absolutely correct.
It always takes two to fight.  IMHO
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 10:56:43 PM »
Well I don't know what I want Ondrej any more. It's not like I want to sound like a prick now. I did all that work for forum members and Alwil crew... you know that very well... above all, I created them for all avast! users all around this globe, but I simply can not stand to see them there if I know that my opinion is not appreciated. best of all I didn't insult anyone, nor it was my intention in the first place.

I don't have anything if you remove them or if you decide to keep them there... I just wanted to wipe myself out of here, because it looked like you are not allowed to say "No Comment" anymore... for some reason.

I will not say more since every word I say it looks like it causes more trouble... I don't want that. If avast! users wants to see those skins inside the avast! skins section, let them have them, otherwise... you can remove them, I really can't be clever on this one any more.  :-\

Offline OrangeCrate

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 11:05:37 PM »
I do not agree. Mastertech got banned, and that was absolutely correct. No one else (except for the spammers) got a permanent ban, and that's correct as well.

SzC, if you're serious about the skins (i.e. don't want to change your mind, even if I kindly ask you to do so), I'll do what you want (tomorrow). :-\

Mastertec probably got what he deserved... There are a couple of posters that have turned the general forum into an off topic forum with their inane posts... People get pissed and carried away on occassion, but somehow figure out how to get along the next day...

However, regarding this thread, I've seen this movie, and I know how it's going to end, unless someone backs off. SZC, please go have that beer(s), and respond to Vlk's comment tomorrow.

Like I said, push and shove isn't going to solve this. It's their game and ball yard, we're just players.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 11:13:11 PM by OrangeCrate »

kubecj

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 11:05:50 PM »
When the actions of a Mod. (Who isn't even listed as a Mod) become censorship by deleting posts,
then it's not deleting unnecessary information, it's outright censorship.

a) I'm Administrator, ubermoderator, boss of the bosses here.
b) Censorship is removing the unwanted opinions. Not removing spam, worthless messages ('me too', 'no comment', etc).

What is a Webfarmer ? and if your a Mod on this webforum, what does that make us?  ??? ???
First is just an inside joke, I'm the person responsible for all the webservers (and since such an amount of servers is called webfarm, I must be the webfarmer).

I don't understand the second question. You're users of this _moderated_ forum.