Author Topic: False positive on legitimate site  (Read 319 times)

Offline Ms17

False positive on legitimate site
« on: April 11, 2021, 10:03:37 PM »
Problem started with an update failing to be able to  upload as not  connected to the internet for both my PC and Alien Laptop.  i tried manual update  which worked but as soon as i  booted up  both and  tried to log into a  game (SecondLife) got a warning media plugin was infected with Idp or ipd.generic. checked online seen a lot of people  were getting this  error  when updated Singularity viewer for  secondlife,  tried to do exception, the  exception  just  clocked  for  15 minutes.  i bypass and did not install that. then logged into the game and  got the warning upon log in,  tried to open app pages in  a HUD and all  failed again with the  warning no media plugin.  checked with   group that has done the  Singularity  View and  several  responded to uninstall  this known issue with AVG or  whitelist it,  which i uninstalled ,    reinstalled  the viewer and had no issue doing it and it working in  secondlife with no issue

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: False positive on legitimate site
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2021, 12:48:53 AM »
Unfortunately there is very little in your post to work with.

A screenshot of the avast alert window with the more details option open might help.

You could also try using the - Reporting Possible False Positive File or Website - https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 21.5.2470 (build 21.5.6354.675) UI 1.0.646/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security