Author Topic: ADNM - On Access Scanner & Update Status  (Read 7894 times)

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
ADNM - On Access Scanner & Update Status
« on: September 07, 2009, 06:19:55 AM »
Dear avast tech team,

I just would like to know :
1. Whether avast on-access scanner list could cleaned?

2. How to check ADNM update status for VPS and Program, without need go to avast management tool set up to make sure whether ADNM have do the automatically update?

Please kindly advice
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
Re: ADNM - On Access Scanner & Update Status
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 06:37:13 AM »
Dear avast tech team,

Please see attached file for on-access scanner file list.

Regards,
Yanto Chiang
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

Jan Nabelek

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 09:47:24 AM »
@ 1. you can clean records older than... in server-side tasks. Choose appropriate option
@ 2. I'm not sure I understand your question - you can see ADNM some logs in browser or directly into notepad. For example ADNM status is in mirror.log http://your_AMS_server:5033/$$status$$_mirror

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 11:13:31 AM »
Dear Paba,

Thanks for your kindly advice,

/1. As your advice, i found the configuration for DB Cleanup setting at DB Management, is that do you want to show to me?
Is there any quick configuration for user, like example user just appointed the target and then right-click and chose delete at the target?
(Please see attachment file)

/2. I found the mirror status already : Program Files\Alwil Software\Management Tools\mirror\logs\mirror.txt
But is there other configuration to show that user AMS has been update by automatically?

Jan Nabelek

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 09:44:47 AM »
/1. As your advice, i found the configuration for DB Cleanup setting at DB Management, is that do you want to show to me?
Yes, it is
Quote from: Yanto.Chiang
Is there any quick configuration for user, like example user just appointed the target and then right-click and chose delete at the target?
I don't think so...

Quote from: Yanto.Chiang
/2. But is there other configuration to show that user AMS has been update by automatically?
All information is in SQL database, you can look there if you are sql guru...I'm not... :-(
But I'm not sure, if I understand your question. What is aim of your question? You want to monitor VPS update status on stations without using (loggon into) ADNM console? Some information you can report at report tasks, but I prefer see dynamic group ...
Some notification when dynamic group "Old VPS stations" is not empty would be appreciated.

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 11:32:13 AM »
Dear Paba,

For question number 1, it had been clear and for number 2 what did i mean is it possible for me to know our AMS server has been up to date? If yes, beside open miror.txt and from windows control panel is there any configuration that i can see to trace AMS last update?

Regards,
Yanto Chiang

Jan Nabelek

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 03:31:38 PM »
...for number 2 what did i mean is it possible for me to know our AMS server has been up to date? If yes, beside open mirror.txt and from windows control panel is there any configuration that i can see to trace AMS last update?
Does it mean that you want to check, if your ADNM respectively mirror.exe program works correctly???
More than year ago, there were some bug in this program and mirror.exe usually stopped working after one week. Restart Avast service helped. I made my own script for checking mirror.log every hour, which restarted service in case of collapse mirror.exe. But this bug was removed one year ago, it is not necessary to checked mirror program.
Or your aim is different? Write more info and some example, because I can't understand your question (maybe).

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 08:06:50 AM »
Dear Paba,

The example is, if i have ADNM deployed at our office network and with some netclient.
As avast mentioned that avast antivirus will do the automatically update then for example avast prof edition could search new update from nearby server.
If AMS/ADNM do the automatically update, then how we could know and monitor if AMS/ADNM has up to date for a new database?

So existing NetClient could download the update from AMS/ADNM correctly.

Regards,
Yanto Chiang

wpn

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 03:11:17 PM »
the AMS for this moment still has to be updated manually with the update function in the software REMOVE windows option (configuration screen -> add/remove software)
i suggested to make this available in the ADNM console itself (which is way more logical) and i believe they will do this in the next or new version (i suggested it in one of my threads)

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 05:15:05 AM »
Hi WPN,

Thanks for your advice,

Anyway, after we tried to check the mirror.log status at Program Files\Alwil Software\Management Tools\mirror\logs

After 2 days i didn't open my ADNM, then after i run my ADNM and let it for few minutes. I found AMS trying to reach avast server to got update.

So i got the answered already, that AMS do the automatically update, if would like to check please check in to the mirror.log.

Regards
Yanto Chiang