Author Topic: Translators needed!  (Read 49547 times)

robinson

Re: Translators needed!
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2010, 03:15:05 PM »
Turkish language is not considered to be providing support I guess!

Please refer to the very first post of this thread.

robinson

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2010, 03:18:03 PM »
Hey,
I would be intrested in translating into Hungarian. Please contact me :]
Thank you for your offer, however v5.0 is already localized into Hungarian.

robinson

« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2010, 03:19:08 PM »
I'm wondering when the romanian language pack will be available ?

The Romanian localization is currently in progress and will hopefully be available in the very near future. Until then, you can continue to use v4.8 in Romanian, or upgrade to the new v5.0 in one of the currently available languages and then switch to Romanian when it also becomes available. Thank you for your patience!

Any news to Finnish translation? I think someone translate it just now. :)
Yes, Finnish is one of the languages that is currently in progress and hopefully will be available very soon.

hpguru

« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2010, 04:07:37 PM »
Thank you. :)

Aethec

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2010, 11:27:42 PM »
Please correct all the ugly mistakes in the French translation...
Here's an image with all the mistakes... (if you want, I can give the XLSX file...)

(I can help, if it is needed... ;))

forumer9

« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2010, 01:29:57 PM »
I can help with Croatian...
Thank you for your offer to help with Croatian. I have replied with more details directly to your email.

Nothing came... and I've checked spam folder...
can you resend it?

robinson

« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2010, 03:49:54 PM »
Thank you for your offer to help with Croatian. I have replied with more details directly to your email.

can you resend it?
Sorry about that. I've rechecked your email address and it was sent to the correct address on 25 Feb. However, we've since agreed with another avast reseller who is now helping us with the Croatian localization, so problem solved, at least for the time being. Thanks anyway for offering to help.

Erroneus

« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2010, 04:57:59 PM »
No Danish translation or is it underway? Every other language from Scandinavia are translated, but not Danish :) Do you need a translator? I have quite some experience from other programs.

robinson

« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2010, 05:04:34 PM »
No Danish translation or is it underway? Every other language from Scandinavia are translated, but not Danish :) Do you need a translator? I have quite some experience from other programs.
Danish is underway. It has just been (re)started after the original translator realized he won't be able to do it, so it's a bit behind some of the other languages, but it will be there eventually, as will all the other languages supported by v4.8

Anyway, thanks for your offer. We'll certainly contact you if we need any additional support for Danish.

shadow86sk

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2010, 05:28:16 PM »
I would love to help with Slovak ^^

Erroneus

« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2010, 10:07:20 PM »
Danish is underway. It has just been (re)started after the original translator realized he won't be able to do it, so it's a bit behind some of the other languages, but it will be there eventually, as will all the other languages supported by v4.8

Anyway, thanks for your offer. We'll certainly contact you if we need any additional support for Danish.
Excellent, thanks for the fast reply.

marco275

« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2010, 09:11:50 AM »

can you resend it?
Sorry about that. I've rechecked your email address and it was sent to the correct address on 25 Feb. However, we've since agreed with another avast reseller who is now helping us with the Croatian localization, so problem solved, at least for the time being. Thanks anyway for offering to help.

Isn't it possible to work with more than one person on a translation?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2010, 02:59:50 PM »
Not really.

MagnusG

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2010, 04:38:49 PM »
I have already translated about 50% for myself to Icelandic, If you could use my dll file to load to your database and I could finish the work.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2010, 08:41:45 AM »
I'm not sure what DLL file you mean exactly (there are multiple ones), but it's not really a good idea.
It's not possible for us to use the translated files directly; extracting the translation (into a usable form) should be possible, but would require some effort and might not be 100%.
If you send me what you have finished so far (and if you are interested, of course), I can try to load it into our translation program and send you the "usual" translation project with further instructions (on how to use the translation tool).