Author Topic: Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually From Time I Upgraded to 5.0.545  (Read 12888 times)

rayman3003

My Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually. when I start the windows , after some hours the amount of free memory space , goes down. this falling, continues every hours and after 3 days memory usage goes upper than 85 percent.

I already close all softwares and kill all unnecessary processes in task manager , but the memory free space , doesn't increase. I must shutdown the computer and after that the memory goes to normal but again after some hours it starts to goes up and up ...

I also used the memory optimizing and freeing softwares like (Memory Booster Gold - RAM Saver Pro) , but they didn't help me.

I have TWO 1-Gigabyte DDR-400 Transcend Ram
(I have these memories for 2 years)

Physical Memory: 2000 mb
Paging File: 2000 mb
Virtual Memory: 6000 mb

But the important thing is that this problem started about 1 week ago , exactly the time that I upgraded my Avast Internet Security from 5.0.507 to 5.0.545. also In the following thread
http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/45231-abnormal-memory-usage-win-7-64-bit-2.html
, someone had a similar problem like mine and found out that the problem is Avast.
Please show me a solution or Update ...

Also I started a thread in the following forum and explain everything with some screenshots that can be useful

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/83988-memory-usage-goes-up-gradually.html#post734706
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 11:22:09 PM by rayman3003 »

rayman3003

Re: Memory Usage Goes Up Gradually From Time I Upgraded to 5.0.545
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:08:48 PM »
Hello - Is anybody here ?
Please - I have a serious problem.

Offline calcu007

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
  • I'm lamma!
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 10:17:14 PM »
As posted in the other threat do you tried remove Ntune?
Asus Intel i7 8GB RAM , Win 8.1 64 bit, Avast IS

rayman3003

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 11:08:27 PM »
I don't Have such a software.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2010, 02:46:31 AM »
I don't Have such a software.

I also wondered where this came from... ;)
So what software do you have..??
Other security software?
Any firewalls?
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

rayman3003

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2010, 09:59:37 AM »
what do you mean "what software do you have ?"
I have a lot of softwares and games installed - I uploaded lots of screenshot of running softwares in the background on the following thread (beside the Avast , other ones are only windows files and drivers ) :
http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/83988-memory-usage-goes-up-gradually.html

I don't have any security software or firewall other than Avast Internet Security.

Like I said before , because this problem started the time I upgrade Avast to 5.0.545 , so maybe it is from Avast (not from it's usual processes like AvastSvc.exe or AvastUI.exe , because they are using only 5mb of ram - I think that maybe the services of Avast using this amount of memory)

If you want any log file , information ...

doktornotor

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 10:13:53 AM »
None of the screenshots there shows any abnormal RAM usage by Avast. So, really don't know what to say. Also, two points here:

- RAM not used is RAM wasted
- do NOT use CleanMem or anything like that, those are completely bogus snake-oil utilities

rayman3003

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 11:14:14 AM »
RAM not used is RAM wasted

What is the meaning of this ? any solution ?

I also Launched a RAM eater software like a GAME , but after played a little and closed it , the amount of memory the game used , went back.

If it helps , these are the softwares that I usually use:

Avant Browser
Orbit Downloader
Registry Mechanic
Magic Utilities 2009
Winamp
SpeedCommander
KMPlayer
Effective File Search
Nero
Babylon
Xpadder
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 12:54:40 AM by rayman3003 »

doktornotor

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2010, 12:07:43 PM »
What I mean is that you are hunting ghosts there. What you observe is normal and not of any issue to solve. Windows memory management is working like it should. It will allocate RAM as needed and de-allocate it and use swap as needed when something else needs it. RAM is of no use when empty, literally wasted. Access to RAM is >1000x faster than reading from HDD. You should not try to keep RAM free for the sake of keeping it free. Also, none of your screenshots suggest there'd be some kind of memory leak in Avast.

rayman3003

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2010, 01:03:13 PM »
You should not try to keep RAM free for the sake of keeping it free

I didn't try it - but my memory usage goes up hour by hour and after it reaches near 90% , I can't do anything but restart...

none of your screenshots suggest there'd be some kind of memory leak in Avast

But why this problem occured about one week ago - the time I upgraded Avast to 5.0.545 ?
(And why there is also another person that had the same problem like me in the following tread and after uninstalling Avast, his problem solved ?)
http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/45231-abnormal-memory-usage-win-7-64-bit-2.html

What I mean is that you are hunting ghosts there

I already scanned my system with Avast and 3 AntiSpywares and they didn't help me.
But there is something like a ghost that stealing my memory slowly - How can I find a ghost ?  8)

doktornotor

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2010, 01:11:49 PM »
I didn't try it - but my memory usage goes up hour by hour and after it reaches near 90% , I can't do anything but restart...

Please describe what can't do anything means.

But why this problem occured about one week ago - the time I upgraded Avast to 5.0.545 ?
(And why there is also another person that had the same problem like me in the following tread and after uninstalling Avast, his problem solved ?)

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc. Logical failure.  ;) Also, once again describe what exactly your problem is. Memory being used is most certainly NOT a problem per se.

I already scanned my system with Avast and 3 AntiSpywares and they didn't help me.
But there is something like a ghost that stealing my memory slowly - How can I find a ghost ?  8)

Uh... Windows memory management is "stealing" your memory slowly. It's meant to use the memory. The memory is there to be used, not to be empty doing nothing. You are wasting money if you buy RAM that's not used.

Once again, if you do not have any issue but the memory being used, please stop solving it.

rayman3003

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2010, 03:42:09 PM »
Please describe what can't do anything means

I already said on other topic. when memory usage reaches near 90% , there isn't any memory left for most of the softwares to operate and also at that point ,I can't open any folder because I receive the following error when I try to open any folder of any drives of my HDDs :

c:\ is not accessible.
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

The memory is there to be used, not to be empty doing nothing. You are wasting money if you buy RAM that's not used

what are you saying. read your answer again.
Are you using all of your memory all of the times ? I use all of my RAM when I want to play a game like Crysis (If you know that Game)
If you want to expreince my situation at 90% memory usage , only try to launch some memory hunting games like Crysis and Metro2033 and Stalker at the same time (Maybe at that condition you can understand what I said)

You are wasting money if you buy RAM that's not used
I had these memories for more than 2 years and before that I had 2 other memories and before that... and most of the times I didn't use all of my memories in every hours and there was no problem
but this is the first time this problem happened for me...

doktornotor

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2010, 04:00:40 PM »
Please request and install the following hotfix, reboot and report back:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979223

The link to request the hotfix is right at the top of the article (next to the screwdriver and something icon).

rayman3003

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »
Please request and install the following hotfix, reboot and report back:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/979223

Thank you - I will report as soon as possible.
Because it always takes some hours to memory leak , I will report some hours later...

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 05:04:26 PM »
We're awaiting your feedback..!! :)
asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0