Author Topic: Release Date?  (Read 31554 times)

wpn

Re: Release Date?
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 12:16:10 AM »
I'm thinking we want our money back soon.  I just did an AMS Update and it's still showing the lastest version as Feb 19, 2010.  We paid a lot of money for a 3yr license.  AVAST seems to be ignoring the corporate market completely.  If they don't come up with something soon we're gonna need our money back and switch to another product.

Hi cmarcan,

Please be more patient, since Ondrej has been announced the new version of ADNM version 5 shall released on the january 2011.

cheers,

hey yanto....   where did you get that announcement?
its not in the blogs and i didnt see it in the other threads?

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 03:59:38 AM »
hey yanto....   where did you get that announcement?
its not in the blogs and i didnt see it in the other threads?

I second that.  It would be nice to have an actual date confirmed by Avast, but it's kind of disappointing to have it that late as well.

Hope you have some concrete evidence either way.
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

cmarcan

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 06:01:21 PM »
I'm not sure where you managed to get that date.  I have not been able to find anything on it, other than Summer of 2010 (oops they kinda blew that).  Also their advertised support phone number was not in service and their reponse to our support ticket was a joke.  The guy who responsed didn't seem to know anything about the current product nor would he indicate when a newer version might be released.  I'm not so much concerned about the ADNM, it does the job ok, but I am very concerned that the last managed client engine version seems to be way back in Feb. and we are seeing an increasing trend of viruses getting past this version of Avast.

Jan Nabelek

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 04:58:31 PM »
AVAST seems to be ignoring the corporate market completely.  If they don't come up with something soon we're gonna need our money back and switch to another product
It depends of point of view.
I prefer when software I paid, is well tested and stable. I appreciate, when Avast software do not sell the unfinished version business edition of their software (beta version) as release product. As some others do... And fixes errors in service packs or new releases... I remember difficult beginnings of ADNM and I hate to be beta-tester against my mind.
I consider the correct decision of AVAST software, first to produce a version of the home users, and after tweaking possible errors, come with stable version a fully developed product for corporate market.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 05:57:46 PM by Paba »

williamstam

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 05:23:11 PM »
security software is only as good as its last update.. adnm clients are ANCIENT.. the whole application is ancient.. 4.8 doesnt work corectly on windows 7.. its better leaving the pc totaly un protected than loading 4.8 - thats what we finding at the moment. im totaly disapointed.. avast 5.1 is really something good.. but corporate avast... is the biggest joke ever

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2011, 05:46:06 PM »
Its better leaving the pc totaly un protected than loading 4.8
Sorry, completely wrong.
I've answered elsewhere that new business model is to born directly with avast 6.
The best things in life are free.

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 05:08:26 PM »
security software is only as good as its last update.. adnm clients are ANCIENT.. the whole application is ancient.. 4.8 doesnt work corectly on windows 7.. its better leaving the pc totaly un protected than loading 4.8 - thats what we finding at the moment. im totaly disapointed.. avast 5.1 is really something good.. but corporate avast... is the biggest joke ever

Wrong again.  4.8.1061 works just fine on my Win 7 systems (over 70 of them).  I've had a few issues getting it deployed to them, but once on there, they work just fine.  ::)
For generic computer (not avast) problems, you can also visit my forum for help: http://www.jacobytech.net/forum

williamstam

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 01:27:22 PM »
try opening the interface for 1 thing.. double clicking on the icon doesnt work :P hmm the network i was looking after.. avast worked fine for xp i think.. didnt have nearly as many probs as win 7. with in 7 had to install additional security tools

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 01:41:35 PM »
avast! NetClient 4.8.1061 work fine with MS Windows 7 (32/64 bits). We have a lot of machines working with this configuration. If you make double click on the icon and it doesn't work is because you have to active this option in the "Computer Catalog" options.  ;)

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »
avast! NetClient 4.8.1061 work fine with MS Windows 7 (32/64 bits). We have a lot of machines working with this configuration. If you make double click on the icon and it doesn't work is because you have to active this option in the "Computer Catalog" options.  ;)

correctamundo!

Just a case of RTFM I think.

kbeltttna

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 06:52:41 PM »
So, every date that has been mentioned in this thread has come and gone and we still know nothing about the latest release.  I'm really happy that i only bought 1000 licenses that were only for a year.  Looks like i'll be switching to a software package that actually takes care of business customers and provides the necessary software updates on a regular basis. 

I'm going to guess that they will release ADNM v5 in December 2011.  Let's all wait and see that date come and go too. 

What's sad about this is that i run the avast free version on every computer my family and I own.  I recommend it to everyone because it is such a good product.  Looks like they need to put some more effort and money into their business side.  In my opinion, this would make good financial sense considering the name Avast has made for itself. 

Offline scythe944

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
    • My Tech Blog
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 07:06:11 PM »
So, every date that has been mentioned in this thread has come and gone and we still know nothing about the latest release.  I'm really happy that i only bought 1000 licenses that were only for a year.  Looks like i'll be switching to a software package that actually takes care of business customers and provides the necessary software updates on a regular basis. 

I'm going to guess that they will release ADNM v5 in December 2011.  Let's all wait and see that date come and go too. 

What's sad about this is that i run the avast free version on every computer my family and I own.  I recommend it to everyone because it is such a good product.  Looks like they need to put some more effort and money into their business side.  In my opinion, this would make good financial sense considering the name Avast has made for itself. 

Actually, we should be seeing a new version of the ADNM very soon.  If you want to jump ship now though, I can't say that I blame you.  I'm waiting to deploy an exchange server at one of my locations (it's VERY needed) and I can't because of Avast's delays.

good luck either way you choose.

jfromholt

« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 05:04:30 PM »
Our McAfee license expires in July.  The delay in ADNM v5 is making me hesitant to switch to Avast.

I emailed support and got this response:

Dear Jordan,

The release of the new business product line is not specified yet.

Thank you

That was helpful  :)

wpn

« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 06:20:58 PM »
when i send that question in December, i received the notification that it is planned on end of January...
which is of course passed already but with the eye on the evangelists meeting in Prague next week, we suspect that they will announce there what the release date will be (or maybe even release it that day) and hence no release in januari....

wait one more week and we know more (hopefully)

jdthird

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 03:01:37 PM »
I just got an email from avast sales, and there is no more v5 admn, v6 is in "internal beta testing".  I've been hearing THAT for a LONG LONG time now that there's a version in beta testing and "should be out soon". 

Not very hopeful anymore.  And I have so many client sites out there that we've had to just let things run with standalone pro unmanaged, waiting for this "right around the corner" endless promises...