Author Topic: Process [cmdagent.exe], memory block, is infected with Win32:FakeVimes-B [Trj].  (Read 31490 times)

MostlyHarmless

Kissbaby, I still receive the process [cmdagent.exe], memory block, Win32:FakeVimes-B [Trj], 'high severity' threat notification whenever I complete any scan which includes a high-sensitivity memory check.
I'm satisfied that Win32:FakeVimes-B [Trj] is merely a fragment of the actual virus which Comodo loads into memory as part of a legitimate process. It's irritating to see it flagged with every Avast! scan, but I can live with it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:58:08 PM by MostlyHarmless »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
It's irritating to see it flagged with every Avast! scan, but I can live with it.
so why dont you remove the "scan memory" from your custom scan setting ?

or use the default quick / full scan with default setting....

MostlyHarmless

It's irritating to see it flagged with every Avast! scan, but I can live with it.
so why dont you remove the "scan memory" from your custom scan setting ?

or use the default quick / full scan with default setting....

Why would I want to lessen the chance of detecting other possible threats?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Why would I want to lessen the chance of detecting other possible threats?
you wont.....the avast guys have been playing with malware since 1988....they know how this works

So trust the default settings

Seany007

Kissbaby, I still receive the process [cmdagent.exe], memory block, Win32:FakeVimes-B [Trj], 'high severity' threat notification whenever I complete any scan which includes a high-sensitivity memory check.
I'm satisfied that Win32:FakeVimes-B [Trj] is merely a fragment of the actual virus which Comodo loads into memory as part of a legitimate process. It's irritating to see it flagged with every Avast! scan, but I can live with it.

I have same thing here... Time to time... Strange...

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks

Best to do as Pondus has suggested and remove the scan memory from your custom scan or use the default quick and full scan's.

true indian

u are having outdated comodo...

update comodo...the latest version is 5.9 see my signature.

that should fix that 8)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks

Please don't post in multiple topics about the same thing, it just duplicates the efforts of those trying to help. I have replied in your other topic also.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
Simply add an exclusion
You can set the exclusion (e.g. for the particular scan you created) as follows:
*PROCESS\*\cmdagent.exe
- then the Comodo process won't be scanned at all.
Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Saulius

Hey that's a good idea Giogio, set exclusions to to memory scans from always detecting things that are harmless but that it regular flags.

I just 'caught' one of those Win32:FakeVimes-B [Trj] heavy alerts in AVG, I figured it was harmless but since it's been a while since I discovered anything I could delete I did so and later checked that AVG is OK, which I keep for backup manual AV scanning, mkay.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Hey that's a good idea Giogio, set exclusions to to memory scans from always detecting things that are harmless but that it regular flags.
would it not be smarter to not use the memory scan...but default scan settings

which I keep for backup manual AV scanning, mkay.
running multiple AV can/will create all kind of windows errors and false positive detections

Read reply from quietman7
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic186533.html