Author Topic: Slowly open the main menu AVAST 5.0.677 free in (Windows XP SP3)  (Read 18162 times)

caki

Slowly open the main menu AVAST 5.0.677 free in (Windows XP SP3)
« on: December 06, 2010, 12:54:42 AM »
windows XP professional version 2002 sp3

When I turn ON Internet connection - Avast has a fast response to the main menu.

When I diskonnect internet connection and click on the menu Avast, then Avast has a slow response and I wait for 2-3 minutes to show the main menu.

I realized that the problem is that, Avast attempts at the opening of the main menu looking for information online from Avast(news), and it has a slow response when the Internet connection disconnect.

please to solve this problem

greetings from your users from Serbia
----------------------------------------------------
Operating System --MS Windows XP Professional 32-bit version 2002 SP3

CPU---AMD Athlon XP 2000+

RAM---512MB DDR

Motherboard---- AK32 (Socket A)

Avast free 5.0.677, Iobit security 360
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:55:54 PM by caki »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Slowly open the main menu AVAST 5.0.677 free in (Windows XP SP3)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2010, 01:12:01 AM »
I did not realize this problem is happening as I use the paid AIS.
But, if it is so, it's a thing to be corrected soon.
The best things in life are free.

CharleyO

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 02:02:14 AM »

After reading the above, I went off line to test this and I can not tall any difference at all.
Either on line or off line, the Avast GUI opens in about 2 seconds ... maybe less.

caki

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2010, 01:10:00 PM »

After reading the above, I went off line to test this and I can not tall any difference at all.
Either on line or off line, the Avast GUI opens in about 2 seconds ... maybe less.

I see that You are using Windows XP HOME

My Windows is XP professional version 2002 SP3, is possible that the problem occurs on this version of Windows that I use
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 01:22:08 PM by caki »

YoKenny

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »
I have XP Pro but I have 1.5GB RAM as I found that having only 512MB RAM with XP too slow.

Remove Iobit security 360 as it causes problems:
IOBit Theft Conclusion
http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=33217

caki

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 05:47:04 PM »
IObit is not in the startup he was inactive, a problem that I described in detail, IObit's not a problem and there is no conflict with Avast, avast problem is that it requires internet connection when you pick up the main menu on my desktop to quickly open the main menu, when there is no connection to Internet, then slowly opens the main menu problem is AVAST

Read the previously written before answering

DavidCo

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 05:51:35 PM »
caki
Are you on a dial up connection?

caki

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 05:55:07 PM »
I used  wireless connection

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2010, 06:00:20 PM »

When I turn ON Internet connection - Avast has a fast response to the main menu.

When I diskonnect internet connection and click on the menu Avast, then Avast has a slow response and I wait for 2-3 minutes to show the main menu.

I realized that the problem is that, Avast attempts at the opening of the main menu looking for information online from Avast(news), and it has a slow response when the Internet connection disconnect.

RAM---512MB DDR

1. I would follow the advice of several other members and remove iobit to rule it out. Why come on a forum for help and deny the suggestions of experienced members?

2. Next thing I would do is reset your router to clear it of any possible infection. Make sure you save your password and configuration. Also, always make sure it is password protected if it is not already. If you don't want to reset it then you could hardwire around it to see if it makes a difference.

3. Could be that something other than Avast is trying to access the internet. Maybe something malicious is trying to access the internet and with the internet connection disconnected it continues to try in a continuous loop. When it is connected to the internet it is allowed to connect without bottle necking. I would also try a full scan with MalwareBytes Free. Make sure you update it first.

4. You could test your theory by unticking the box next to "show remote content in Avast! user interface".
Open the Avast user interface and click on settings. See attachment.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 06:38:36 PM by Charyb »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 06:12:43 PM »
IObit is not in the startup he was inactive, a problem that I described in detail, IObit's not a problem and there is no conflict with Avast, avast problem is that it requires internet connection when you pick up the main menu on my desktop to quickly open the main menu, when there is no connection to Internet, then slowly opens the main menu problem is AVAST

Read the previously written before answering
I had this problem with the previous version of avast but not since upgrading to 5.0.677.
You will also need to delet one of your av's, even though you have iobit disabled it still has low level driver's that are active and will conflict with avast, we've had a state of people lately with avast and iobit on there system's at the same time and by deleting iobit it solved there problem's.

naren17

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 06:21:10 PM »
I have the same prob on Win XP SP 3 Home Edition. Windows Firewall & Avast 5 Free .677 installed. No other security software installed.

Thanxx
Naren

DavidCo

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 06:31:31 PM »
I have 3 PC's - XP Home + SP3, XP Pro + SP3 & Vista HP 32bit
Avast free on the XP boxes & Pro on the Vista
I thought I'd go and try it

No problems here at all

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2010, 06:33:58 PM »
I have the same prob on Win XP SP 3 Home Edition. Windows Firewall & Avast 5 Free .677 installed. No other security software installed.

Thanxx
Naren
You will need to start a separate thread of your own to recieve advice so as not to interfere with the original op's problem.

caki

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2010, 07:40:11 PM »

RAM---512MB DDR

1. I would follow the advice of several other members and remove iobit to rule it out. Why come on a forum for help and deny the suggestions of experienced members?

2. Next thing I would do is reset your router to clear it of any possible infection. Make sure you save your password and configuration. Also, always make sure it is password protected if it is not already. If you don't want to reset it then you could hardwire around it to see if it makes a difference.

3. Could be that something other than Avast is trying to access the internet. Maybe something malicious is trying to access the internet and with the internet connection disconnected it continues to try in a continuous loop. When it is connected to the internet it is allowed to connect without bottle necking. I would also try a full scan with MalwareBytes Free. Make sure you update it first.

4. You could test your theory by unticking the box next to "show remote content in Avast! user interface".
Open the Avast user interface and click on settings. See attachment.
----------------------------------------------
1. I use avast free version 5.0.677 and there is no option to like your Avast ---- see my picture avast
2. I unistall iobit 360, and installed MBAM and here's the scan results
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5256

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

12/6/2010 7:34:59 PM
mbam-log-2010-12-06 (19-34-48).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Objects scanned: 123953
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 37 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 5
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowMyDocs (PUM.Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowRun (PUM.Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\StartMenuLogOff (PUM.Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
no viruses and other malware

there are only five changes in Windows that I have changed or switched off and it was noted malwarebytes

Avast and malwarebyts work together but it still remains, the same problem as before the slow response of the main menu Avast, when it is switched off Internet
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 07:50:39 PM by caki »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2010, 07:50:48 PM »
Don't worry, it isn't in mine either, I think this is a difference between the AIS which Charyb is using and the free version we are using.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security