Author Topic: INTRODUCING: New avast program update 5.1.864  (Read 129634 times)

Mr.Agent

Re: INTRODUCING: New avast program update 5.1.864
« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2011, 07:54:48 PM »
Is there a timeline when the next version (with the bugfixes) will follow?

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=68844.0

jaykaykay

« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2011, 08:05:09 PM »
Well.  I finally got some help and was able to get into safe mode.  I couldn't even do that before!  :(  Now that I have, I've uninstalled Avast and am unhappy to see it go, but I will try MSE (Microsoft Essentials) until I know the bugs are out of Avast.  I thought that after the long time in Beta, they would have been already.  So sad they're not.

Hexo

« Reply #167 on: January 04, 2011, 08:07:20 PM »
Thanks Mr.Agent.
I have already made a new backupimage of my Windows 7 System so i am ready :-)

Hermite15

« Reply #168 on: January 04, 2011, 08:09:21 PM »
Thanks Mr.Agent.

you're that worried about an Avast upgrade ??? ;D

Jack 1000

« Reply #169 on: January 04, 2011, 08:13:42 PM »
I  think maybe Avast 5.1 was released too fast.  I am going to wait for actually several weeks on this build.  My 5.0 is running like a champion.  Did any of you get a pop-up message about 5.1 being out?  I didn't, and I don't really want it, until problems with this release are resolved.  I still set my settings to "Ask When Update is Available." This helps me keep track. Usually, I will install the new version within a day to a week at most of notification, while watching the forum.

But I understand 5.1 has some new features, so maybe that is why there might be more bugs than in the past.

Jack

Antarctica

« Reply #170 on: January 04, 2011, 09:39:33 PM »
I've made a clean install of AIS 5.1.864 and I'm getting BSOD when using Sysinternals Process Explorer. Did not do it with the
previous version...

dallan

« Reply #171 on: January 04, 2011, 09:39:50 PM »
I  think maybe Avast 5.1 was released too fast.  I am going to wait for actually several weeks on this build.  My 5.0 is running like a champion.  Did any of you get a pop-up message about 5.1 being out?  I didn't, and I don't really want it, until problems with this release are resolved.  I still set my settings to "Ask When Update is Available." This helps me keep track. Usually, I will install the new version within a day to a week at most of notification, while watching the forum.

But I understand 5.1 has some new features, so maybe that is why there might be more bugs than in the past.

Jack

I agree! Released too fast... I wait too!

bikemanAMD

« Reply #172 on: January 04, 2011, 10:04:02 PM »
I usually update to a new version of any program soon as released, and amazingly i'm not seeing the bugs like most of the people here, so nothing major going on for me here...

I've always been that way, update immeidately soon as a program is released or any type of update

Hopefully Avast will have a new build out soon that fixes all the problems for the rest of you

Hexo

« Reply #173 on: January 04, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »
Thanks Mr.Agent.

you're that worried about an Avast upgrade ??? ;D
I'm a little bit pessimistic ^^

falkor

« Reply #174 on: January 04, 2011, 11:55:14 PM »
Supposedly , there is an update coming in the next day or two regarding a BSOD issue . The next release will have a fix . So I have been told that most that have the BSOD issue will be fixed as they know the problem after seeing quite a few minidumps . Good Luck all !!!

happy avast user

« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2011, 01:24:18 AM »
Hi first of all may I say that I hope that all the Avast Team and forum uses have a happy healthy 2011.

My thoughts on 5.1.864 are as follows:

Until today I was using 5.1.864 and had no issues till today,
When I did a full system scan the other day the scan results said SOME FILES COULD NOT BE SCANNED and when I checked what was not scanned this is the results: ERROR ARCHIVE FILE PASSWORD PROTECTED when I was using 5.0 I NEVER GOT OR HAD ANY ERROR MESSAGES COME UP AT ALL..

I know this is a problem with 5.1.864 as I used another FREE AV to see if I got the same result but I DID NOT.
Also 5.1.864 started hanging and freezing my PC, I REALLY HOPE THAT THESE ISSUES WILL BE SORTED OUT SOON so that I can come back to Avast as I DO LIKE AND LOVE AVAST and I personally recommend Avast to family and friends.

I hope my issue will be taken into consideration and sorted our thanks.

happy avast user

Hermite15

« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2011, 01:31:29 AM »
@happy avast user: no need to type in capital letters ::) + you should read my answer to your issue, as you already posted it ::)

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=68564.msg577960#msg577960
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=68564.msg577970#msg577970

Offline Yanto.Chiang

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Soli Deo Gloria
    • PT Garuda Sinatriya Globalindo
« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2011, 07:41:54 AM »
Dear All,

Does anybody feel something wrong when we trying to do manual update?

If we appoint our cursor to the avast icon on the taskbar (right corner at taskbar), then you do a right click and choose Update >> Engine and Virus Definitions. It look that the update doesn't running as usual.

I am not sure if my opinion have a mistaken or not...

cheers,
Yanto Chiang | IT Security Consultants | AVAST Premium Security | GarudaSinatriya

MikeN92

« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2011, 01:00:20 PM »
Dear All,

Does anybody feel something wrong when we trying to do manual update?

If we appoint our cursor to the avast icon on the taskbar (right corner at taskbar), then you do a right click and choose Update >> Engine and Virus Definitions. It look that the update doesn't running as usual.

I am not sure if my opinion have a mistaken or not...

cheers,

This is a known problem. It's a minor bug in my opinion but they will probably fix it in the near future.

Nesivos

« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2011, 05:52:49 PM »
I think if users would clean their computers, I don't mean the outside ;D more often, keep all of their software including Windows and Drivers up to date, use the Windows Firewall if they are using Windows 7 and regularly defrag their computer hard drive/s then they would have a lot fewer problems with Avast software.

Just my opinion.