Author Topic: Malware Warning for all Websites  (Read 10421 times)

jalalski

Malware Warning for all Websites
« on: April 12, 2011, 12:16:49 AM »
Hi Guys,

Not sure what has gone wrong with my copy of avast recently, but I keep getting the Malware error message for any website am trying to open ands it seems to be related to an HTML Script of some sort. It is even preventing me for loading some websites correctly.

Here is the avast warning I get:

It's quite annoying actually and I was wondering what do I need to do to disable it/fix it.

Thanks for your help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Malware Warning for all Websites
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 12:20:08 AM »
This is likely to be as a result of an FP in a VPS update 110411-1, update to 110411-2 should resolve it.

See this Blog report on it, https://blog.avast.com/2011/04/11/false-positive-issue-with-virus-defs-110411-1/
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

jalalski

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 12:24:00 AM »
Thanks for that. I just saw the thread in question explaining this probelm and solution.

I will try the update and see what happens.

pgp66

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 12:28:00 AM »
I did the update again to get version 110411-2 but had to reboot to make it stop the blocking on two computers, so try that if you are still having issues.

Cheers
Paul

psikofunkster

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 12:32:36 AM »
This is the second time this year avast. im starting to getting tired of you.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2011, 12:35:05 AM »
Thanks for that. I just saw the thread in question explaining this probelm and solution.

I will try the update and see what happens.

You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2011, 12:37:18 AM »

This is not a regular occurrence and avast is not alone in having had an issue after a virus signature update. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the hill. I guess I have been fortunate in over seven years of using avast I have never been effected by anything like this.

GORAN FRAKTURE

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2011, 12:44:06 AM »
I had the same problem, couldn't access any sites without being blocked so I followed the link to support and called the free phone support number which led me to IYogi support for Avast.  It was a complete scam operation with a salesman yammering at me about all the errors on my computer and the maintenance needs they will take care of for me, supposedly while a tech person remotely examined my computer to determine the cause of my problem.  Despite being the recommended tech support for Avast, they did not have the information about the bad update and messed around with my computer with the result that I couldn't get online at all and it would only restart in safe mode.  After I finally kicked their lame asses off, I had to reset to an earlier date and reconfigure start up so I could uninstall your fine antivirus program because I can no longer trust a company who refers people to IYogi.  A quick search will turn up many similar stories. They apparently contract with a number of software companies.  If you have support issues, good luck to you.  Just don't call IYogi.

Gargamel360

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 12:48:56 AM »
I had the same problem, couldn't access any sites without being blocked so I followed the link to support and called the free phone support number which led me to IYogi support for Avast.  It was a complete scam operation with a salesman yammering at me about all the errors on my computer and the maintenance needs they will take care of for me, supposedly while a tech person remotely examined my computer to determine the cause of my problem.  Despite being the recommended tech support for Avast, they did not have the information about the bad update and messed around with my computer with the result that I couldn't get online at all and it would only restart in safe mode.  After I finally kicked their lame asses off, I had to reset to an earlier date and reconfigure start up so I could uninstall your fine antivirus program because I can no longer trust a company who refers people to IYogi.  A quick search will turn up many similar stories. They apparently contract with a number of software companies.  If you have support issues, good luck to you.  Just don't call IYogi.
See here for who to contact about problems with Iyogi>>http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=62517.msg618138#msg618138

psikofunkster

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 12:54:43 AM »

This is not a regular occurrence and avast is not alone in having had an issue after a virus signature update. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the hill. I guess I have been fortunate in over seven years of using avast I have never been effected by anything like this.

who needs a regular one? one is enough to make an entire mess.

jalalski

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 01:02:11 AM »
I actually tried clicking on the link in the avast warning message to supposedly take to an avast help page or something on this issue, but the link didn't work and the browser just kept thinking where to go and eventually timed-out.

jack_90125

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2011, 01:15:50 AM »
yea I got it too. but clicked on the link and got a great offer to upgrade for 2 years and took it.
way to go avast

javanutt

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 01:18:10 AM »
I received the same message earlier and set it to do a boot scan before I had read on the forums that it was a bad idea to do that. It moved a bunch of files to the chest before I could escape, reboot and update the defs. How do I return those files to their rightful location? Or were they actually infected?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 01:33:32 AM by javanutt »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 03:12:55 AM »
Update virus definitions.
Rescan files into Chest (right click them).
Restore the clean ones.
The best things in life are free.

rufous03

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 03:43:14 AM »
I actually tried clicking on the link in the avast warning message to supposedly take to an avast help page or something on this issue, but the link didn't work and the browser just kept thinking where to go and eventually timed-out.
I had the same problem, and their 1-877 number did not work (you have dialed an incorrect number, please try again!)which even made me more angry after several attempts, finally uninstalled Avast and attempted to reinstall.. Good Luck with that, My license is good for three years, they send me emails at the correct address, but now when I go to insert the License key, I get the message no record of your email address and key is incorrect.  filled out the trouble ticket, no response. The upside is at least now I can get on to the internet, but unprotected.. Way to go Awile Saftware!  Ask me if I am impressed! >:(