Author Topic: Can't Send E-Mails  (Read 39362 times)

BlackSheik

Re:Can't Send E-Mails
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2004, 04:32:36 AM »
 Hi S.Z.C

I just told you. It's not problem your avast!, it's problem your firewall which is not allowing avast! to work normally...

And I just say once before that i try it without the firewall it means that the firewall doesn't run.
And Avast don't sent E-Mails!!! Nothing changed. Same problem.

Black Sheik

Tipton

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2004, 04:34:43 AM »
Hi   S.Z.C

It's a problem with your firewall not giving access to ashMaiSv.exe, not avast! problem.

I can't  Sent Mail with this loveley Avast  !!!

I try it without Firewall but this F.....  Avast don't sent my Mails. >:(
I can only receive and nothing more.

Hmpffff
BlackSheik

Don't use these words in these forums. We are not here to curse and you could really watch your language. If someone is trying to help you and spending his precious time on your problem, you should appreciate it. And stop using capital letters in forums 'cause it means you are yelling at someone. You don't have rights to come here and yell. Many were bashed because of even smaller things... you are using avast! home edition which is btw freeware, so you better appreciate help that is provided to you for free, or you won't get any in the future... just look at other people's posts... they're also experiencing some problems, but they are calm and patient...

I just told you. It's not problem your avast!, it's problem your firewall which is not allowing avast! to work normally... first properly set your firewall and then see what happens. Try shutting down that firewall and then try to use mail send/receive...

I agree, make the necessary adjustments in your firewall, and then report back!

Tipton

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2004, 04:35:35 AM »
You can always use SEARCH function in these forums. There are many threads covering Thunderbird/avast! problems. See if anyone managed to fix that problem, and you may find what are you looking for... I don't use Thunderbird so I can not tell you exactly what needs to be set in there, but I'm sure there is solution...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 04:36:06 AM by S.Z.C »

BlackSheik

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2004, 04:43:16 AM »
I don't understand why  every person tell me that my firewall is the problem.
Now i say it the 3rd time

I have just try to send e-mail without the firewall

but and now maybe i repeat me    Avast don't send any e-mail he can only receive.

With firewall not sending

Without firewall not sending

Where can the problem be ??????????????  I know it's my firewall

Black Sheik

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2004, 04:47:19 AM »
Have you read this line I wrote you in one of my previous replies? :

... work normally... or some settings needs to be set in Thunderbird. What are your smtp and pop3 server names in Thunderbird ?

or this one:

You can always use SEARCH function in these forums. There are many threads covering Thunderbird/avast! problems. See if anyone managed to fix that problem, and you may find what are you looking for... I don't use Thunderbird so I can not tell you exactly what needs to be set in there, but I'm sure there is solution... ***************************************

See what are your settings in Thunderbird... and then post back...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 04:49:50 AM by S.Z.C »

neal62

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2004, 04:49:45 AM »
What is your outgoing Thunderbird setting? You say you have set them back to original. I also use Thunderbird version 0.90. I have had no problem what ever with the latest version of Avast, 4.5 (523) and Thunderbird. All I did was change my incoming and outgoing settings from 127.0.0.1 back to the original settings that my ISP server requires. If you have done that correctly then perhaps it IS something else like your firewall.

Edit: Once you have made a change in Thunderbird you need to close it completely out and then come back into it fresh again before some of the settings will take place.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 04:51:49 AM by neal62 »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2004, 04:51:17 AM »
Yeah Neal, I was just telling him same thing in 2 of my previous replies... he needs to check those settings for smtp and pop3 server names and post back... then we can see where is the problem...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 04:51:57 AM by S.Z.C »

BlackSheik

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2004, 04:52:32 AM »

Ok  the settings in Thunderbird are the original settings if i used before avast..

Then come avast and i changed the settings in thunderbird.
Then comes the last update and i change the settings back to the original settings.

If i must make new changes so tell me what kind of settings

Black Sheik

neal62

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2004, 04:53:01 AM »
Yes Sasha, he certaintly does need to check those settings. If he has them set correctly as required then there is some other problem that he has.

neal62

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2004, 04:54:31 AM »
You need to use whatever settings your ISP requires for any e-mail program to work. Just use the settings that you would use if you did not even have Avast.

Edit: You might even try shutting your computer down, not a restart for about 5 mins, then re-boot it back up and see what your program does with the original server settings.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 04:56:57 AM by neal62 »

BlackSheik

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2004, 04:56:44 AM »
The settings are original same like before avast

But          I can't sent !!!

B S

P.S.: And i use Thunderbird 0.9 too
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 04:57:52 AM by BlackSheik »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2004, 04:57:33 AM »
Neal, can you make one screenshoot of your settings in Thunderbird if possible. You don't have to show your data (bloor it), just tell what he needs to do. I don't use Thunderbird so I can not even imagine how that configuration page looks like...

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2004, 04:59:20 AM »
OK, BlackSheik, when you say you can not send e-mail, do you get any error message ? Can you make a screenshot and post it in here ? We need to see what Thunderbird is reporting to you when it's unable to send a message... there must be some error message you are getting...

Btw, it's pretty late, and I have to get up early in the morning... so... I'll check on this therad tomorrow morning...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 05:01:27 AM by S.Z.C »

BlackSheik

« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2004, 05:05:00 AM »
all i can say is,
i try to sent and the mail don't go out if i brake before timeout the icon in the systray don't go out.If the timeout time i think 120 sek is arrived than the icon goes.

the message i read then is :

can not connect to SMTP-Server

Black Sheik

P.S. : here in Germany now it is 5 AM
P.P.S. : I go to bed now .We can continue tomorrow good night at all  ;)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 05:17:39 AM by BlackSheik »

neal62

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2004, 05:16:33 AM »
Sasha, I can't seem to make my ScreenPrint32 program work here to get a screenshot. Never have done it here before, sorry. ???