Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 303922 times)

happysurf

Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2012, 07:52:10 AM »
I just updated my 3 PC ( XP, Win7, 32 and 64 bit) from version 6 and all works fine.  ;)
Thank you Avast team forever.  8)

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2012, 08:31:46 AM »
I did a clean installation on my Vista Home Basic SP2 Russian and everything works as it should. Unfortunately I saw a localisation bug - a spelling mistake in the first word and the absence of the full stop (period) at the end of the sentence. Look at the attached screenshot.
May the FOSS be with you!

crofty59

« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2012, 08:50:22 AM »
i updated over avast interface and work fine,but i have problem everytime i restart pc i got message click here to finish,why,please answer thanks! :)

I get the same problem, updated from version 6.0.1367  through GUI i am using the proffesional version, on this computer. I have rebooted several times.
Xp PRO 1 gb ram

In avast5.ini set ShowSetupOutro to 0. (Disable self defence to do so.)

Hi Aysn Thanks for the info.

I ended up just uninstalling Avast pro through the Windows add and remove. Reinstalled everything is working fine now.
Cheers :)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2012, 09:12:28 AM »
Hi Aysn Thanks for the info.

You're welcome.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

naren17

« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2012, 10:11:50 AM »
I uninstalled previous version, removed folder from program files & program data hidden folder on win 7 64 & installed Avast 7 & everything is smooth, no prob at all. Just first start took little longer but now it takes the usual time.

JoeBlack40

« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2012, 10:18:45 AM »
Anybody has this issue?Avast doesn't seem to update...this morning i realize this when i checked out.Tried an Avast repair,nothing.I have PrivateFirewall installed with Avast and Sandboxie.I already deleted Avast's settings in PVTFW to rebuilt them,still no.When i'm updating manually,it hangs there for minutes.Any ideas what i can try to resolve this?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 10:48:51 AM by JoeBlack40 »

naren17

« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2012, 10:25:56 AM »
Compatibility Mode is removed from the final version? I didn't see it during install. What was compatibility mode, On-Demand Scanner?

johnnw

« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2012, 10:41:56 AM »
I updated to the new version last thing last night.   This morning on booting up my PC (XP SP3)  Avast launched and immediately hogged 95% CPU.  I thought it was just the update, but the update popup came and went.... fifteen minutes later still 92-95% CPU constantly and everything else (browser, email) brought to a standstill.  Ultimately I have had to uninstall.   After being a loyal user for couple of years I am not impressed.   :(   

tortoise

« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2012, 11:06:44 AM »
I just updated as it asked me to this morning and it installed google chrome along with it.  I didn't see any optout option before installation.  I've uninstalled it now but not impressed at all.

Offline Dwarden

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Ideas, that's ocean without borders!
    • Bohemia Interactive
« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2012, 11:09:39 AM »
I consider this to be a bug that needs to be addressed. I was testing the auto-sandbox with the test file and it popped up asking me what to do since I have it set on ask. So far so good and just as it always has. Then when I told it to run in the sandbox, the other window popped up saying it was being analyzed. After a bit it said not enough evidence was found to consider it malware. Again , all well and good. Now here comes what I consider to be a bug. The analyzing window then closed but also terminated the sandbox test program so there was no way to actually test whether it could make any changes to the system or not. It does the same thing on every try. I don't think this is the proper behavior for the feature. It should not terminate the app that is running in the sandbox unless it was found to be malicious.

The "Ask" mode in AutoSandbox will actually be completely removed in the next update, as it lacks sense in the new v7 logic.
That is, in v7, the AutoSandbox is primarily an analysis tool.
We actually plan to even further watermark/transparentize all the UI elements of autosandboxed apps, to make it apparent that the app is being analyzed and it's not meant for "normal" use.

Vlk

i use the ask and prompt quite often as it from time to time classify something to run inside sandbox (even after i in past year market it as safe)

so i wonder what would be outcome if there is mistake on analysing and breaking something 'on run'
https://twitter.com/FoltynD , Tech. Community, Online Services & Distribution manager of Bohemia Interactive

warlock

« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2012, 12:20:32 PM »
The autosandbox doesn't play very nice with InnoSetup uninstallers. Problem is the uninstaller drops a copy of itself to temp folder and this copy is the one that does the actual uninstall. This file does have a random name so there is no way to create a exception rule for it, so the only option is to turn the autosandbox completely off. How about some checksum based exception rules?
« Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 12:22:12 PM by warlock »

antrox

« Reply #266 on: February 25, 2012, 12:33:21 PM »
Beautiful, fast, functional! I'll buy another license and will give it to someone! :)
Great job team Avast!

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #267 on: February 25, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
just got the update from the program and it went smoothly with the update. love the new interface. and the new things that have been added to it. great job avast team keep it up.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

xdanx

« Reply #268 on: February 25, 2012, 01:06:23 PM »
HUGE fail. This version just brings back all the old problems I had already somehow solved. And the best of all? I didn't even said the program he could update, he just decided it by itself. I think it's time to change my AV for something more SERIOUS. Sorry guys but you obviously don't have a clue of what you're doing anymore.

antrox

« Reply #269 on: February 25, 2012, 01:14:41 PM »
HUGE fail. This version just brings back all the old problems I had already somehow solved. And the best of all? I didn't even said the program he could update, he just decided it by itself. I think it's time to change my AV for something more SERIOUS. Sorry guys but you obviously don't have a clue of what you're doing anymore.
OMG  :o
It seems you have not tried other anti-virus software and their problems  ;D  ;D ;D
Just straighten your arms  ;)