Author Topic: Avast 7 Final Released  (Read 303834 times)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Avast 7 Final Released
« Reply #360 on: February 26, 2012, 03:14:32 PM »
<snip>
the guy is asking us to provide him with a non-legal serial key / license file for AIS ;D don't we have one here somewhere available just in case someone asks ??? :D

Whilst that may be the case, I tend to give the benefit of doubt, especially when the poster doesn't have English as their first language. Saves having to apologise after ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Tetsuo

« Reply #361 on: February 26, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »
the guy is asking us to provide him with a non-legal serial key / license file for AIS ;D don't we have one here somewhere available just in case someone asks ??? :D

seems legit :°D

Offline JamesF

« Reply #362 on: February 26, 2012, 03:48:58 PM »
I'm still having issues with the email interface. I'm running xp 64 bit, current.
First, I selected to have splash show when outlook is started, it doesn't happen
Second, when i enable avast it disables the junk email settings i have set in outlook, and avast is not seperating the spam, so all mail goes to inbox where i have to mark each one as spam.(Why is my own junk mail settings getting changed ?)

I have the hueristics set to max, for avast
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 03:53:26 PM by JamesF »

Offline JamesF

« Reply #363 on: February 26, 2012, 04:16:44 PM »
well i tried to submit support, but that fails too:

Can't connect to MySQL server on 'hera.srv.int.avast.com' (4)

hayc59

« Reply #364 on: February 26, 2012, 05:15:08 PM »
wats key to get a full version of avast 7.0???? :)

What do you mean by "full version"..??

Sure, we always provide them for free, if somebody asks... ;D
Here's the key: 0000000000000000000000000000

Holy Crap!! Asyn that key worked!! Got Pro now..YAHOO

Hermite15

« Reply #365 on: February 26, 2012, 05:16:57 PM »
Holy Crap!! Asyn that key worked!! Got Pro now..YAHOO

:o ??? lol ;D

gdiloren

« Reply #366 on: February 26, 2012, 06:22:39 PM »
 ??? Finding too much trouble with installation of Avast now. It has gotten complex, the more you go, the more fancy is the program. I don't even know if all the modules are working all the time and I had lots of trouble with RP. I'm not alone. Had to uninstall Winpatrol and leave practically only with Avast but reading this thread is not reassuring. I feel sad. :-\

tony.br

Avast 7 Final Problems
« Reply #367 on: February 26, 2012, 06:49:42 PM »
I am a long time user of AVAST and have recommended it to many friends

I installed AVAST 7 late last week and almost immediately started experiencing problems

Problem 1 - After installation, the last thing to happen is a half screen which says 'complete your upgrade to avast! 7' and you are asked to press the finish button at the bottom.  However this screen appears every time the computer is started.  Click on finish and it goes but reappears on each reboot

Problem 2 - Now it is noticeable that computer was very slow for some actions

Normal operation is very jerky (ie: freezes momentarily every few seconds.)

When I start the Task Manager and check the performance tab, the CPU activity spikes to about 40/50 percent each time it freezes

It became so annoying that in the end, I disconnected from the net, uninstalled Avast 7 and re-installed AVAST 6 and updated with the signature file.

Fortunately I had retained the AVAST 6 install file and a copy of VPSUPD.EXE that was only about 1 week old

I assumed it was some form of corruption in my copy of windows, but this morning, I received an email from some elderly friends who have 2 computers.  A desktop and a Laptop, both of which run XP

This was what they said...

~~~~~

Hi Tony

I am wondering if i have done something foolish

An avast notice appeared a number of times on the screen, full screen, saying its important to updateso I did, the update proceedures are worked through and the last thing to happen is a half screen which says 'complete your upgrade to avast! 7' and you are invited to press the finish button at the bottom.  this screen appears every time the computers are opened. I have done this proceedure on both computers!

Now it is noticeable that computers are slow for some actions

the desk stop has jerky movements when playing solitair.

I wonder if you have heard anything about this sort of activity

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
« Reply #368 on: February 26, 2012, 07:00:43 PM »
Hello tony.br,

Problem 1 is known isuue, please follow this:
I swiped these instructions from another forum member. It's caused by an error in the avast5.ini file. (at step 4)

1. Avast main GUI -> settings -> troubleshooting -> disable the self defense module and save settings (don't worry about the messages, accept).

2. search for the file "avast5.ini" (even if it is version 7 of avast); EDIT the file with notepad.

3. in "avast5.ini", look for the "[common]" section. There should be an entry named "ShowSetupOutro".

4. change the above entry "ShowSetupOutro" from 1 to 0 (zero).

5. save the file and reboot.

6. go back to avast main GUI -> settings -> troubleshooting -> enable the self defense module and save.
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。

TheBeachBum

« Reply #369 on: February 26, 2012, 08:38:53 PM »
Win 7 64 bit -  Worked fine w/ previous Avast. Installed update, and system froze during final stage after restart. 1 1/2 hours later cannot run anything. I get to my initial windows desktop, but nothing will run, not even Win task manager. Wished I NEVER tried the update. All I want to do now is get AVAST off my system so it will run, but I can't even do that `cause I can't even get into Safe Mode to uninstall Avast.

I've read many posts here w/ similar issues re. this update. U should have tested it better!

MAG

« Reply #370 on: February 26, 2012, 08:52:51 PM »
Win 7 64 bit -  Worked fine w/ previous Avast. Installed update, and system froze during final stage after restart. 1 1/2 hours later cannot run anything. I get to my initial windows desktop, but nothing will run, not even Win task manager. Wished I NEVER tried the update. All I want to do now is get AVAST off my system so it will run, but I can't even do that `cause I can't even get into Safe Mode to uninstall Avast.

I've read many posts here w/ similar issues re. this update. U should have tested it better!
If you really can't get into safe mode through f8 at boot, it may be worth trying to force it by powering down a running windows seesion through holding the power button in for 20 seconds. W7 should then offer safe mode on reboot.

Jesant13

« Reply #371 on: February 26, 2012, 09:07:31 PM »
C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\avast.setup. I'm curious as to what it is for.

For updating the VPS and/or the program.

Thank you for letting me know what it's for. I'll continue to let my firewall allow it access to the internet.

Kattegat

« Reply #372 on: February 26, 2012, 10:18:34 PM »
Hello!

I upgraded to avast 6 yesterday morning (by upgrade button) and got too the "splash screen" asking to push "finish" to complete the installation of avast 7, but only 4 times (the third time it asked if I want to install chrome). For 1 hour ago I started the computer 2 more times and no splash screen appared :).

I noticed too, as some other, that the computer works a bit slower now. No other problems in my Win XP Premium sp3.
I chose to not enable autosandbox cause I have Comodo sandbox with df+ enabled, by the way, no conflicts with Comodo firewall in Win XP as someone mentioned to have with Win 7.

Yesterday I tryed to upgrade my wifes laptop (Dell Studio) with Win 7 64bit, and the download from the upgrade button stuck att 1/3 of the process. I canceled the upgrade after waiting 20 min. I'll make another try in some days, not worth now.
I'm a user of avast since version 4.8 and this is the first time that I experience som problem with avast  :-\

Ps. sorry for my english!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Win XP Premium sp3/2GB ram/2.8 ghz/ avast! 7 free (autosandbox disabled/ Comodo firewall 5.9, sandbox and Df+ enabled/ Malwarebytes free.

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #373 on: February 26, 2012, 11:39:45 PM »
How do I know the cloud services is working right? A minute ago i just check for updates and it downloaded 120226-4 def update (I manually updated it) and i thought avast should have downloaded that update right away.   Avast 7 has got me confused a lot.  :-[
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

Dch48

« Reply #374 on: February 27, 2012, 12:07:33 AM »
Please return the behavior of the auto-sandbox back to how it worked in v6. The new iteration is a nightmare.