Author Topic: Why is this Forum so SLOW  (Read 59782 times)

darkparrot

Re:Why is this Forum so SLOW
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2004, 09:52:23 PM »
The forums seem to be back to normal. Thanks for all your work avast team.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2004, 12:55:08 AM »
I must say I do notice the problems (from work), for about 2 days.
It works nice and fast for a minute or two, and then gets slow for another while...

Yes Igor is right. I've noticed this few times before, but it was temporary and after few hours everything went back to normal. Last few days, actually, whole week, nothing is going back to normal. It's really annoying when you click on some thread and you have to wait like 1-3 minutes for a page to open... don't even wanna mention what's happening when you are trying to search for some post, or maybe reply to someone's thread...

The problem with it being this slow as I've stated before, It gets to be a real burden to try to answer all the questions asked by users. It's also a total waist of time to sit and wait for 30sec. or more between each post. Time is a valuable commodity and the older you get, the more precious it becomes. I pay for high speed cable access but right now, I might as well be using dial-up. Sorry but it gets frustrating. :'( :'(

Me too, from time to time...  :'(
Specially posting today it was tooooo slooooow.
Did you see anything strange today? I was out the last five days  :-[
The best things in life are free.

housi

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2004, 08:56:32 AM »
What a favour, the speed is normal again. Thanks for the effort!
 :)
Sincerely
housi

galooma

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2004, 10:00:54 AM »
imagine how fast it would be if he had killed a duck ? ;D ;D ;D

Spyros

« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2004, 10:31:34 AM »
What is this ? Take a look at my attachment ? That's what I get when I tried to write K_E_N_T_U_C_K_Y in that sentence (of course without underscores).

I can explain this  ;D ;D
After someone spammed the cigarettes offers here several times, I put three brands into censored words - and K_E_N_T is one of them, so it is replaced by '*'  ;D

So, that explains why when I tried to write something about kamels (with a "c") last week it showed up *amel!  ;D

Spyros

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2004, 10:51:17 AM »
Maybe Alwil is doing something regarding new forums... because I remember, they mentioned something regarding getting new forum engine around Christmas... yeepee !

S.Z., the new forum software Alwil will use is in version 1.0 Release Candidate 2, final RC before official release of ver. 1.0, so it shouldn't be very long before we see a new forum layout! I can't wait!!

conazus

« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2004, 03:01:13 PM »
imagine how fast it would be if he had killed a duck ? ;D ;D ;D

I say go all out and kill and ostrich    :) :)

Starfighter

« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2004, 04:22:02 AM »
Actually I like the way the forum looks and works now... Then again, I also like black and white photos, so call me old fashioned!  

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #68 on: December 30, 2004, 08:07:18 AM »
After working fine for a few days, the board is now slow again. It seems to happening only between (roughly) 03.00 and 07.00 GMT.

I guess during these times the server load or available bandwidth is reduced deliberatly for backups or something or that it is under heavy load or something like that.

Anyway, it again takes a long time to load a page (20 seconds or more sometimes) and occasionally I get "server not found". Every other page I visit during this period is working fine.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2004, 08:08:17 AM by Eddy »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #69 on: December 30, 2004, 12:36:40 PM »
After working fine for a few days, the board is now slow again.

The same here in Brazil too  :'(
The best things in life are free.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2004, 04:42:04 PM »
Sounds like it's time for one of the Alwil Farmers to do a number on a few more chickens. ;D ;D
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v24H2 64bit, 32 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 24.4.6112, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #71 on: December 30, 2004, 04:57:33 PM »
Strange that, for me no noticeable difference. I'm however, using a steam driven dial-up connection, so it is hard to tell varying degrees of slowness (which is slower treacle or paint drying).  ;D
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #72 on: December 30, 2004, 05:09:37 PM »
This is Cca. Page created in 0.186 seconds

I had some troubles yesterday, but now everything works perfect...

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #73 on: December 30, 2004, 06:47:40 PM »
It's not the time it takes to create the pages this time, but something else. I did experienced ocasional slowdowns during the hours I mentioned before, but the last week it seem more to be a rule than a exception.

It looks to me like something with the bandwidth or the server capacity at those hours. "request queued for...." messages are a pretty good indication ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 06:17:28 PM by Eddy »

conazus

Re: Why is this Forum so SLOW
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2005, 06:18:53 PM »
feels like its time to kill some more chickens guys
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 06:20:28 PM by connie »