Author Topic: Cannot connect to internet after running virus scan and even after uninstalling  (Read 56899 times)

Jroffman

Yes, it does...with those two items in my prior post listed as network adapters.

I can right-click and uninstall...is that what I should do.  Should I try one at a time because both wifi and hard wired adapters were working before I lost connectivity completely.

jeffce

Do you happen to have the disk with the drivers for your system?  If not I want to find the replacement driver for it before we uninstall and attempt to let Windows reinstall it.  :)

Jroffman

I don't think so...this machine is 6 years old

jeffce

Ok let me look around for the replacement driver first.....don't want to uninstall it and then have nothing to back up with. 

Jroffman

I found the 'drivers and utilities' cd with the drivers...not clear where to go to find the driver on the disc.

Jroffman

I installed the resource cd and found the driver...looks like I can uninstall and reinstall...Shall I try?

jeffce

Ok....good that should be alright.  :)

Go ahead and uninstall the Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter.  Once complete reboot your system and allow Windows to pick it up and reinstall it.  Let me know if you have any problems and if you are able to get internet back.

Jroffman

I don't have that cd and I just tried to reinstall the driver for the intel adapter and it failed...maybe because it is trying to install the vista version and I am on windows 7...yikes.  Any ideas?

jeffce

Let me find the replacement driver.... :)

jeffce

Oh....did Windows ask for the disk or did you try to run it on its own?  Windows might have picked it up on its own.  Reboot the system and see if it will pick it up.

Jroffman

No luck...windows tried to reinstall and can't.

jeffce

What is showing in Device Manager now for Network Adapters?

Jroffman

Just the broadcom.

I did find this link for the broadcom driver  http://www.pcpitstop.com/drivers/download/Broadcom~802.11g~Network~Adapter.html

jeffce

I found that too but it does not have the driver for Windows 7