Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Avast Mobile Security / Re: Avast Mobile Notifications
« Last post by Lano on Today at 05:41:57 AM »
@Todd112. If you mean the "Your device is protected" message in the drop down notification area, you can turn it off in Android Settings - Apps - Avast Mobile Security - Notifications - Notification categories - Permanent. Turn the slide switch off.
Beta - Avast / Re: New beta version 24.4.6112
« Last post by Lano on Today at 04:44:23 AM »
Thanks Karel. I updated about 24 hours ago through the UI, and haven't noticed any problems. :)
Whilst they are there, they aren't all fully populated in the same way, your most recent one will be in the region of 254MB, the earlier ones are in the region of 1.5MB.

In total my DEFs sub folder is 260MB, so there are old sub folders they aren't contributing greatly to the over all size of the DEFs sub-folder.
Avast Mobile Security / Re: Avast Mobile Notifications
« Last post by DavidR on Today at 03:22:10 AM »
I'm using the free Avast Mobile Security on a few of my devices, a phone, small tablet and a larger tablet and I rarely see any notifications.

My tablet generally only notifies me if I haven't done a scan in 7 days, which I dismiss. 
In my Account - Settings - Notifications, I have all but one enabled (the junk one).

In the Protection section - I have the Automatic scan disabled.

If you can be more detailed as the the Notification it might help us to help you determine what Notification area it might be.
General Topics / Re: Tips Tricks and Other Helpful Advice
« Last post by bob3160 on Today at 01:23:19 AM »

ScreenPal - Time Delay Feature Tutorial

https://youtu.be/BaRp4R37qew
The latest update to ScreenPal solves a long time annoyance.
https://screenpal.com/
This video explains the new Time delay feature and demonstrates
setting it up and putting it to use.
I used ScreenPal v3.93 and ZOOM's Clips feature to produce this video.
Avast Mobile Security / Avast Mobile Notifications
« Last post by Todd112 on Today at 12:25:04 AM »
How can I stop avast from notifying me every 10min that I am protected?  Without disabling notifications that I might need in the event of a breach?  Annoying, I get it, Avast has got me, That's what I am paying for, but I don't need a reminder every 10min in my mobile notifications.  - Thanks
That was quick. Thanks!

Will this come in the form of the next definitions update or a program update that requires a restart? Or something in between?
Ha, you're right. Sorry about that, I'll fix it.
General Topics / Re: Chromebook - ChromeOS news and info
« Last post by Pondus on Yesterday at 10:29:21 PM »
Chromebooks just got way better at handling Microsoft Office files
https://chromeunboxed.com/chromebooks-edit-microsoft-office-file-management-easier/

Normally when virus definitions packages are updated, the previous folders for the older packages are deleted (except for the one that was there after the most recent restart) with the current one being in place and only the streaming folders being in place. Since yesterday, I have noticed that the previous folders are remaining in place with three files aswCmn files still existing.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this. This is the first time I have seen this. Screenshots attached.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10