Author Topic: New AVAST 8!  (Read 193067 times)

Hannu

Re: New AVAST 8!
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2013, 07:37:39 PM »
Just installed avast free 8.0.1482, nut I had some problems.

First, I tried installing over 7.0.1474 via porgram updater. Then I rebooted, get to login screen, and machine instantly reboots (cant login to windows). I had to use system restore to revert back to 7.0.1474, uninstall it and boot to safe mode, and then clean avast remnants.

In other words, I had to clean install for version 8.0.1482. Lets hope I dont get this very annoying "login problem" no more!

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2013, 07:38:46 PM »
Anyway to disable the software updater by default?  I have to tell it to stop manually on every restart.  I monitor my own stuff and don't need Avast telling me.
Try...Control Panel>Programs and Features/uninstall>double click "avast">click "change>untick "Software Updater">reboot  :)
There are good qualities to do a custom install.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2013, 07:40:01 PM »
I would still like to know how current license holders for Internet Security can upgrade to the Premier version. Anyone?
See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=116245.msg902815#msg902815  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

kinfolk66

« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2013, 07:54:33 PM »
I would still like to know how current license holders for Internet Security can upgrade to the Premier version. Anyone?
See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=116245.msg902815#msg902815  :)

Earlier in the beta forum someone from Avast stated they would have some kind of offer for current AIS license holders to be able to upgrade to Premier. I have yet to see the offer and the above link does not answer my question.

jrace

« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2013, 08:04:46 PM »
Updated via GUI to final release version and everything is working perfectly like in the last 3 versions (RC and RTM)!

Thanks to the team!  :-*

subhendu

« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2013, 08:22:31 PM »
installed avast 8 version right now but add blocker did not installed automatically. is there any way to install add blocker? after installing avast 8 when i try to upgrade the virus definition signature that time it says that signature is up to date . is this any bug or it is normal?

sztihamer

« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2013, 08:23:29 PM »
Already found an user interface bug with the buttons AccessAnywhere. Hope this will be fixed one day, because it looks really bad. It's still functional but looks ugly just like the "Last update attempt" spacing.

subhendu

« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2013, 08:28:54 PM »
i have a question if i don't have up to date signature data base then will avast free version provide me protection from viruses?

biceman

« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2013, 08:30:03 PM »
Updating to v8 gives me a green screen on every flash video and graphic-accelerated video players. ATI 4770 here...

Destrio5

« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2013, 08:30:38 PM »
Hi, please try modified version of aswVmm driver (64 bit Windows only):
http://www2.avast.com/files/aswvmm/x64/aswvmm.zip

1) Disable Avast! self defense
2) Replace aswVmm.sys in Windows\System32\Drivers directory with downloaded version
3) Enable self defense again
4) Reboot

After reboot dynamic CPU clocking should be back,  It should also fix missing L1/L2/L3 cache info
--> It works for me (Windows 8 64 bits) but it doesn't work on an another PC under Windows 7 64 bits.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 11:15:52 PM by Destrio5 »

sierraatomic

« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2013, 08:33:06 PM »
This modified driver fixed problems with CPU (dynamic clocking and cache info), also fixed problem with not working DXVA.

There is still problem in Task Manager/Performance/CPU:
with Avast 8: "Virtualization: Not capable"
without Avast 8: "Virtualization: Enabled"

System:
Windows 8 Pro x64, Phenom II x4 940, Radeon 5850 (Catalyst 13.1).

2) Replace aswVmm.sys in Windows\System32\Drivers directory with downloaded version
4) Reboot

After reboot dynamic CPU clocking should be back,  It should also fix missing L1/L2/L3 cache info
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:13:43 PM by sierraatomic »

Offline CapriAnupam

« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2013, 08:33:26 PM »
Congratulations on the new Avast 8 release, Avast team! You guys are excellent. The new feature list looks quite good.

I am excited to try out the new release, but I will hold off for a while. I like to wait for a while to see if there are any major issues with the new versions. Hopefully, there will not be any, and I will get to update to new version soon. And even if there are any, I am sure you guys will sort it out soon enough.

I was very curious to see the new interface, and I was not able to find any screenshots anywhere. Maybe you could post screenshots somewhere? I was finally able to see the new interface from the manual.. and it looks great!

Had a question. Will Browser Cleanup Tool included as a new module in Avast 8, will be available as a separate tool? I saw it listed in the store, but when I clicked to download it, it provides a 93MB file named as free antivirus. Is that a mistake? Surely the tool can't be that big  ;D

Keep up the excellent work Avast team. Many congratulations. And also many thanks for keeping our systems safe. Keep rocking!

Will report back when I install new Avast 8 on my new Windows 8  :D

dannyg

« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2013, 08:45:30 PM »

4) Reboot

Hi,

Hello, had the same issue, those instructions fixed it.

I found a issue where after installing Avast IS RTM 8, the CPU sits at its maximum frequency and wont drop down to save power, also the power options to change the min and max cpu in the control panel are missing. Once I uninstall avast the CPU options are back and the CPU frequency is dynamic again? =)

By frequency I mean 2.3GHz but 0% cpu usage. Where normally it would drop to 1.3GHz.
-->

I have the same problem. My brother too.

Since installation Avast 8, the frequency of my processor is always at most. Without Avast 8, the frequency of my processor decreased when it was not used a lot.

Please fix it ;)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2013, 09:11:06 PM »

Since installation Avast 8, the frequency of my processor is always at most. Without Avast 8, the frequency of my processor decreased when it was not used a lot.

Please fix it ;)
Apply the file in the zip, Fixed :)

dannyg

« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2013, 09:12:39 PM »
i did, worked. thanks.

Please fix it ;)
Apply the file in the zip, Fixed :)