Author Topic: New AVAST 8!  (Read 192596 times)

Anarion

Re: New AVAST 8!
« Reply #180 on: March 02, 2013, 06:46:19 PM »
I wonder why you use that when your APU actually has faster GPU... Much faster.

I realize that. There was a misunderstanding with the computer shop. Long story... But since I'm not a gamer I don't think I'll notice the difference. End of story.
In that case stop using it -> less power used, less noise.

Offline Cyberpunk

• Man is virus.
« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2013, 07:07:27 PM »
I wonder why you use that when your APU actually has faster GPU... Much faster.

I realize that. There was a misunderstanding with the computer shop. Long story... But since I'm not a gamer I don't think I'll notice the difference. End of story.
In that case stop using it -> less power used, less noise.

I'm using a ASUS F1A75 motherboard which is probably the only FM1 motherboard that doesn't have onboard VGA, so I can't use the APU's GPU. I should have gone for ASUS F1A75-M, but like I said: long story. End of story; this is off-topic.
--
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 - avast! Free Antivirus 12.2.2276

REDACTED

« Reply #182 on: March 02, 2013, 11:59:22 PM »
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Well, I thought this new Avast 8 was supposed to fix the Self Defense Agent module issue that stacks avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport errors, but it didn't! I am seeing the same errors that I installed a patch to stop.  That was a temporary fix that seemed to work but now they are back and I am having problems with getting to my school websites. Getting DNS errors and I am about to uninstall avast and ask for a refund. This is very annoying. I am using windows 8/64 bit. I am running update 8.0.1482. 

I have disabled the module but the stacks of avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport errors are not going away with system reboots! No choice but to uninstall...no way to fix it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:15:42 AM by jeremywduncan@gmail.com »

andygee33

« Reply #183 on: March 03, 2013, 12:18:09 AM »
I've always liked avast. Basically the only AV that doesn't hog my machines old AMD chip and 256 ddr.. This new release isn't living up to its typical resource-lightness. It crashed when installing, so I done a clean install. The UI seems ok but the settings page, software updater and scan/installer are real slow. Settings page works until sounds tab and the rest doesn't load. The clean install worked as I tried it again to no avail. I'll wait and see if it's resolved soon but I might go back to my fave antivirus - avast v7. Heres hoping..

amccccc

« Reply #184 on: March 03, 2013, 12:25:53 AM »
LOL. Final version of avast 8 is actually some kind of beta.There is no user with no problems
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 12:35:23 AM by amccccc »

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #185 on: March 03, 2013, 12:40:02 AM »
LOL. Final version of avast 8 is actually some kind of beta.There is no user with no problems

I'm using the final version and I haven't had any problems.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #186 on: March 03, 2013, 01:38:09 AM »

There are plenty without issue, don't forget you are on a support forum and they don't come flooding here to say they don't have any issues.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

franknbery

« Reply #187 on: March 03, 2013, 01:39:21 AM »
how do i go back to version 7 I dont like the new version and it isnt as easy to find logs and such like it was in the previous version if there is a link that would be awesome if not looks like I'll be looking for a new virus software program

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #188 on: March 03, 2013, 01:48:14 AM »
how do i go back to version 7 I dont like the new version and it isnt as easy to find logs and such like it was in the previous version if there is a link that would be awesome if not looks like I'll be looking for a new virus software program

- Once you get past the Win8 Metro style tiled Home page of the UI (image), the avast innards are pretty much the same.

Spend just a little time browsing the User Interface it isn't that complex, with two main areas:
1. 'Security' and three sections. The Summary section is a summary of all of your shields. The Antivirus section  dealing with all of the Scans and the Shields. The Tools section any additional Tools you have installed.

2 'Maintenance' which is much the same as it was before, Updates, Registration, Virus Chest, Remote Assistance, About avast! but now includes the Scan Logs.

Support and the Settings sections remains very much as it was, with some minor changes.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline OsFly

« Reply #189 on: March 03, 2013, 02:07:02 AM »
Just updated, the UI is not bad. its indeed pretty the same . some extra's are added.
Only the soiftware updater tells there's a new version. but the software say there's no update.
Otherside the software updater is nice add-on.

Only how can i get the whats new in avats 8 page back ?

eugene91

« Reply #190 on: March 03, 2013, 04:42:21 AM »
Ad Blocker seems to be hogging the CPU on Google Chrome (Windows 8 Pro 64bit)

hake

« Reply #191 on: March 03, 2013, 10:06:46 AM »
There is enough room on the top window to display the program and vb database version numbers and status.  This is information that needs to be available at a glance.

For those moving to version 8 by updating from version 7, there is no option to omit the software updater.  I do not want this feature as it can be a nuisance, especially to novices whose systems are cared for by others more expert than they.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 10:10:23 AM by hake »

kanno

« Reply #192 on: March 03, 2013, 10:43:43 AM »
There is enough room on the top window to display the program and vb database version numbers and status.  This is information that needs to be available at a glance.

For those moving to version 8 by updating from version 7, there is no option to omit the software updater.  I do not want this feature as it can be a nuisance, especially to novices whose systems are cared for by others more expert than they.

isn't there an option in the installation to untick the software updater? Otherwise you can go tho the configuration screen then go to programs and select avast chose for modify and then untick the software updater.

Defence

« Reply #193 on: March 03, 2013, 01:02:12 PM »
Free version, adblocker not work with firefox, ı cant enable, ı try remove and install again , but avast say "en error has accurred". How can ı remove avast adblocker?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:23:50 PM by Defence »

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
« Reply #194 on: March 03, 2013, 01:30:09 PM »
Free version, adblocker not work with firefox, ı cant enable, ı try remove and install again , but avast say "en error has accurred". How can ı remove avast adblocker?

I went to Firefox Extensions and disabled Ad-Blocker.  You can go to the control panel and uninstall it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:58:37 PM by -midnight »