Author Topic: Questions about webcam protection features.  (Read 775 times)

Offline roiyarux

Questions about webcam protection features.
« on: July 24, 2022, 01:21:22 PM »
Hi, everyone.

Windows hello does not work after turning on webcam protection (smart mode), and I cannot record new faces in the system. Is this a bug or am I not setting up Avast properly?

My device:
Avast_beta_22.7.7403.735
Lenovo_Xiaoxin _Pro16 _2021 _AMD
Win11_dev_25163.1010

Offline roiyarux

Re: Questions about webcam protection features.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2022, 07:05:57 AM »
I returned Avast Version 22.6 (22.6.7355.734) and Windows hello works fine with webcam protection turned on. So I think this is a bug in the beta version.

Offline Marc35

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 09:32:53 AM »
Hello,

I have the same problem with Avast Version 22.7.6025 (Build 22.7.7403.736). If Smart protection is active, I can not use the Windows Hello functionality. It always tells me, that the camera is currently used by another app, pls close this app first.
As soon as I deactivate the Avast Webcam protection, it works fine!

How did you go back to Version 22.6 ?

Thanks
Marc

Offline roiyarux

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 10:40:12 AM »
I uninstalled the beta version and reinstalled version 22.6. However, now that I upgraded to 22.7, the webcam feature is in smart mode and I can only use windows hello to authenticate when I boot up; authentication of the laptop hibernating and then waking up is not possible, it prompts a webcam exception. If you are like me, I suggest you uninstall the current version and reinstall version 22.6 until this bug is officially fixed.

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 01:56:33 PM »
Hi,

Our devs are looking into this.

Offline Avastuser1

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 12:32:24 PM »
I uninstalled the beta version and reinstalled version 22.6. However, now that I upgraded to 22.7, the webcam feature is in smart mode and I can only use windows hello to authenticate when I boot up; authentication of the laptop hibernating and then waking up is not possible, it prompts a webcam exception. If you are like me, I suggest you uninstall the current version and reinstall version 22.6 until this bug is officially fixed.
  Glad I'm not the only one facing this problem.  Where can I find the 22.6 version of Avast Premium Security?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2022, 12:35:24 PM by Avastuser1 »

Offline roiyarux

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2022, 06:17:58 PM »
  Glad I'm not the only one facing this problem.  Where can I find the 22.6 version of Avast Premium Security?

I downloaded it from the forum and at that time it had not been updated to version 22.7. I can't find it now, sorry.

Offline roiyarux

« Reply #7 on: Today at 07:19:46 AM »
The new beta version seems to have fixed this bug, I've updated it and will watch for a while before giving feedback.