Author Topic: avast premium features not working  (Read 3613 times)

Offline keljohnson.4

avast premium features not working
« on: January 01, 2016, 01:20:10 PM »
when i try to use avast premium feature it tries to connect to device returns "unable to contact device" then when I go to info - commands in the message column it says "this feature requires an avast premium liscence"  Under  info - system it shows having a valid premium liscence ???  when try the locate feature it works only the premium features do not.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: avast premium features not working
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2016, 07:43:50 PM »
There is no avast premium anymore.

AMS-5 is totally different from the previous AMS versions.
Currently version 5 is rolled out to several thousands of users each day.
I suggest you wait till you have received/installed the update and than see if everything is working.

Offline keljohnson.4

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 09:01:39 PM »
clearly there still is avast mobile security anti theft premium still around i just reinstalled it from play store on one of my devices, it also states on the my avast that i have a valid license on my phone which I paid for another month subscription just a few days ago. So I would expect to have another month use of it or until the switch is made why would there not be overlap of feature functionality until all premium users licenses have expired or been converted to AMS 5.0. Yes,  thank you I am aware of Ams 5.0 I am a beta tester on one of my phones.

i have submitted a ticket and am waiting reply i dont have access to the device. it is in another country.  i am hoping for advice on how to correct this problem asap...
thank you for your input though i am sure you are just trying to be helpful.

Offline Tereza V.

• Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 09:21:39 PM »
Hi, I am afraid there is some problem when synchronizing Premium with our backend.
It might help to disconnect everything from my.avast.com and then connect it again.
But if you have contacted Support, they will see your account and offer some concrete solution.

Offline john_rollf

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 10:53:47 PM »
There is no avast premium anymore.

AMS-5 is totally different from the previous AMS versions.
Currently version 5 is rolled out to several thousands of users each day.
I suggest you wait till you have received/installed the update and than see if everything is working.

So even though I'm a premium subscriber I'm stuck getting annoying adds on my phone now... thanks, just canceled my subscription.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 10:56:12 PM »
So even though I'm a premium subscriber I'm stuck getting annoying adds on my phone now
No you are not. You don't have to update ;)