Author Topic: Authorization  (Read 4370 times)

Offline JulieJ

Authorization
« on: February 07, 2016, 08:43:32 PM »
I have Avast Premier on my Windows PC.
I have Avast Passwords on my Android Tablet.
I have Avast Passwords on my iPhone 4S IOS with 8.2.

I can not figure out to authorize synchronization for my android tablet or my iPhone.
Both have authorization codes but I do not know where to enter the codes to authorize the two devices to synchronize with my Windows PC.

Please advise.

Offline jelinek

Re: Authorization
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 09:21:35 AM »
Hello Julie,

Authorization codes are only for visual check, you don't need enter these codes anywhere.

After you login with new device into your Avast Account, you will see the screen similar to this:

It means that you are in pending state and your device waiting for approve from other device which is active already (in your case it is probably Windows client).

Please try it again and you should see on Windows client this confirmation popup

After you approve this popup, your device should start synchronization automatically.

If you still have problems with the approval your device, you can always use Restore process which you guarantee, that your device will be approve automatically.

Only what you need is click on "Restore" button (you can find it in email which we sent you when you created your Avast Account. Subject of mail is "Your backup identity") on device where you have these problems. After you click on "Restore" your Avast Passwords application starts and you will see informations what to do next.

Good luck

Offline Mark531

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 04:25:00 PM »
What if we don't have that email anymore?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 04:27:41 PM »
If you don't have the email anymore, you need to setup things from the start.

Offline chrbrogaard

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 11:19:25 PM »
Same issue here! Although I can't get my iPhone activated as device on my Avast account to do the Sync. Both my iPhone and iMac are logged in to my Avast Account, but every time I try to activate my phone through my Avast Mac Security 2016 app, nothing happens. I can't add it either through my Avast online account.

Could you please clearify how to do this or how to reset and start all over if you don't have the email, as it seems many people are having problems with both iPhones and Android phones regarding the Sync & Backup process of Avast Password Vault. Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 11:12:31 AM by chrbrogaard »

Offline Eric355

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 06:13:53 PM »
This app is WAY to buggy to use based on the same authorization issues. Going back to my tried and true 1Password.   

This is all we get..

http://jmp.sh/lbDxpGu

And broken syncing.. Never ending loops on both..
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 07:35:04 PM by Eric355 »