Author Topic: URL Blacklist frequently pops-up  (Read 26116 times)

Offline alexstefan711

URL Blacklist frequently pops-up
« on: May 11, 2022, 12:12:38 AM »
Hi guys!

From 3-4 days I've noticed that a pop-up message shows very often, saying that a blacklisted URL threat has been blocked. Since I didn't access in these days some kind of "dangerous" sites, this notification is very annoying for me, even though I put all my notifications on Silent Mode.

First of all, I wanted to find out what was the trouble, so I searched everywhere in the task manager or task scheduler to find out if a virus script is enabled and triggers my antivirus on a certain time. Apparently, nothing suspicious was found.

Looking deeper in the notifications, I found at the moment that the process path was on the C drive, where my browser installation path(Firefox in my case here) that I used at the time is shown. Later, I tried to run Brave, then Opera, and the notification about the same blacklisted URL was shown up after a couple of minutes, with the process path on the installation path of the browsers that I used at the moment. Then, I decided to uninstall all my browsers, but it poped-up again after few minutes with the process path at "C\Windows\System32\svchost.exe", as shown on second screenshot.

Then, I decided to do a System Restore, because I thought that may solve the problem if I restore my system to a restore point when this notification didn't exist (about a week), but no results.

After that, I decided to scan my device, first time I've run the Intelligent Scan, then I scanned the whole C drive, but no virus found. Also, I've scanned the C drive with Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool, but it didn't find anything.

And finally, I decided to find if the IP adress is a real threat, but all the sites that I've used in order to know if this IP is a malware or something like that didn't provide any info related to the link/IP that is being blocked continuously by the antivirus.

In my case, I use the Romanian language version of Avast Antivirus, but you can understand well the problem when looking to screnshots.

Also, I want to mention that the notifications trigger every 10 minutes since I boot up my system. When I write now it's 1:11 AM. It triggered every 10 minutes from 11:56 PM when I booted up the laptop to 12:16 AM, and from 12:27 AM to 12:47 AM. Well, after 12:47 it triggered once at 1:03 AM, so 16 minutes after the last pop-up. As I said at the top of the topic, I've enabled the Silent Mode, but I don't think that this may solve the problem.

Sorry for mispellings, I'm not a native English speaker. I hope you may solve this problem soon. Thank you!

Offline r@vast

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: URL Blacklist frequently pops-up
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2022, 07:58:45 AM »
Hi,

Please report it here: https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php
Also, try a boot-time scan https://support.avast.com/article/Antivirus-Boot-time-Scan/

Under "Notifications" > "Use silent mode...", untick "Show detection dialogs..."

Offline alexstefan711

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2022, 11:22:29 AM »
I tried a boot scan now and discoverd 11 malicious scripts on my system. I deleted them and tried another boot scan and found out that the system is clean. Despite this, nothing changed to the blacklisted URL pop-up message. I sent a report to Avast Team and hope that the problem is going to be solved quickly

Offline Nima3

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2022, 09:02:53 AM »
I also have the same issue with the free version.  Any luck how you solved your issue.

Thanks

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2022, 01:58:28 PM »
I also have the same issue with the free version.  Any luck how you solved your issue.

Thanks
Hi, please post/attach a screenshot (with details enabled).
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline edparton

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2022, 01:07:28 AM »
does anyone have any info on this blacklist
how to stop these popups from 34.80.59.191 win.pac from scvhost.exe windows 10

Offline edparton

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2022, 09:16:19 AM »
after 3 long days
proxy ... LAN ... internet settings in Internet Explorer...
this video shows how I found LAN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzP0Q5D93lE

this video shows about "Remove Proxy URL virus" ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZFSPjyc0xI

long, I know, but it will get you fixed...

Offline bf1227

« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 07:43:49 PM »
I have the same problem with blacklist popup. I did multiple scans but to no avail.

It seems to be triggered by websites that are perfectly safe in my opinion.

I asked friends with different anti virus to check these websites and they had no problems. I even uninstalled avast and tried other anti virus which did not give me a problem.

Is there a way I can tell avast not to check for this malware? Not to abort the connection?

Thanks for any help.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #8 on: Today at 05:41:50 AM »
Hello.

Welcome to the forum.

I have the same problem with blacklist popup. I did multiple scans but to no avail.

It seems to be triggered by websites that are perfectly safe in my opinion.

I asked friends with different anti virus to check these websites and they had no problems. I even uninstalled avast and tried other anti virus which did not give me a problem.

Is there a way I can tell avast not to check for this malware? Not to abort the connection?  Bolding is mine.

Thanks for any help.
Really?

What if Avast is better than the competition and blocks malware from entering your system others fail to stop?  Why ignore what could be a valid detection?

Please post the site(s) avast is blocking in your next reply so we can have a look at them.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801