Author Topic: Avast frauds  (Read 11802 times)

russia

Re: Avast frauds
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2008, 11:15:18 PM »
then as your company installed it  VERIFIED IT we would not be having this problem then would WE !!!!!

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2008, 11:46:20 PM »
OK, that was enough for me. You don't seem to be really interested in any help, so I'm not gonna try.
Don't know why you waste your time posting here though.

russia

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2008, 11:52:43 PM »
Well we have tried again with the key  through 2 different methods to  try register it but  the screen comes up with the answer key invalid!

It is your system not mine !! I am actually happy with the product when it working !! and that is all I am trying for the last 4 days now to get support to get it to work !!!

After  I have PAYED for this 28Jan 2008

Well Igor i understand your frustration ,  I as a Director have paid your company for a product in good faith 2 times now ; I can not get assistance from customer support or sales a@ avast etc , so that is why i am using the blog

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2008, 11:56:46 PM »
You purchased the product from Av-Outsource (our UK distributor). These guys do provide customer support.

I'll bring this thread to their attention and hopefully, they'll resolve the issue asap.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2008, 01:50:55 AM »
Can you please check system time and date?
Please, post the last 200-250 lines of avast log: C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\DATA\log\Setup.log
The best things in life are free.

CharleyO

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2008, 08:22:37 AM »

Hi russia,

You have yet to post any of the information that was requested here on the forum. We can only help when the requested information is supplied from you.

Hopefully, as Vlk posted, a Av-Outsource support person will post in this thread also.

russia

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2008, 12:02:52 PM »
Hello well I have just phoned Av-Outsource and spoken to sales there answer is

1. Refund the money

I said why as i am happy with avast since 2003 and all i try do is get it to work.

2. When I ask well when is UK support contacting then I alm told that they are overseas do an instalation, 

So where now is UK support in this case ( answer there iss none!!) thats why they say they refund  the fees.

The lady in sales is trying to contact James again .

But the bottom line is we just want the the program activated as it should have been in January,

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2008, 01:36:45 PM »
So where now is UK support in this case ( answer there iss none!!)
we just want the the program activated as it should have been in January
There are support@avast.com and the forums.
Please, answer the questions I've done before or we can't further help.
The best things in life are free.

russia

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2008, 02:27:28 PM »
I have sent the file  complet to support as still nothing in Uk

russia

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2008, 10:38:36 AM »
Ok
The state of play is  having sent  the 910page report to support@avast

I had e mail this morning the  5th day since the problem stated saying that I had not put the key in , obviously I had not put key in as Avastuk and installed and tested all! 
After all the key was perminently rejected as inValid for  4 days.   Only after sending the 910 pages do i get a message from sale in Avastuk to  try again , and yes then it worked so someone in avast had to have corrected somethink in there system!!!

As for the Avastuk support well they are all in INDA doing a job , so there is NO support in the UK at all !! which is obligatory part of being an Avast distributor !!

I also then had email from India saying to check a BIO battery  what ever that is , as i have no idea !!

But so far it is working now , and I am grateful for that having been an Avast customer since 2003.  But I have to say as a Company Director myself that Avast and its network needs a better management structure than they have !!!

Any way thank you to those who tried to help

Offline FreewheelinFrank

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • I'm a GNU
    • Don't Surf in the Nude!
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2008, 10:54:12 AM »
I also then had email from India saying to check a BIO battery  what ever that is , as i have no idea !!

Then you need to pay a computer technician to come and look at your computer: if the BIOS battery is dead, the computer clock won't work, and your avast! installation is likely to have problems again.
     Bambleweeny 57 sub-meson brain     Don't Surf in the Nude Blog

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2008, 10:55:51 AM »
hi russia

Good to see you've got it working.

Not saying this what happened to you, but one of the things that will cause that error, is if you used the copy and paste method of inserting the key, a blank space can be acidently copied. The interface interpets the blank as too many characters.

Anyway, hope that's the end of your problems.  :)

av-outsource

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2008, 01:11:30 PM »
OFFICIAL RESPONSE from AV-Outsource

We sold an "ORIGINAL" License to the customer. We notified him that his bios clock battery may require replacement. The customer has entered the "ORIGINAL" license key we sent him and rang to thank us.

I would like to point out that we do provide support and the customer had been told him system was screwy! And we don't sell PC hardware support and new bios batteries!!! So it wasn't an avast or our problem.

AV-OUTSOURCE

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2008, 02:53:20 PM »
Exactly, and nothing wrong with this situation at all. No one can expect that avast! license will work properly if your CMOS battery is dying. We all know that if your battery power is weak, your system clock will start messing your time because system clock is powered by CMOS battery. If your clock is not showing proper time, of course avast! will start complaining about the expiration of the license. That's the only logical thing in here.

This particular customer should not blame avast!, Alwil or av-outsource for that matter... he should have contacted his hardware service department to solve this problem at the root level. Once he replaces his CMOS battery, avast! registration will go flawlessly even if he uses this same key av-outsource have sent him.

I guess he didn't know much about CMOS battery problem, so he started panicking. It would help in the first place if he just posted a screenshot and have checked his system clock like someone else already suggested in this same thread.
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

rdmaloyjr

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2008, 03:18:29 PM »
My CMOS battery is dead in my 5+ years old emachines.  I have no problems with my avast! license or clock.  Evidently my system resets correctly itself at start up.  If I set a BIOS password, when I boot up the password is gone because there is no battery power for the BIOS to hold memory.

Different systems behave differently.  russia's needs a battery where mine doesn't.